I'm back to blogging after a little break due to some things. Concerning my WH, there is a high possibility I will book my flight within the next 3 days. I've found a really cheap flight, but still have to carefully think about it. But then it would be settled then, as soon as I've booked something I'll let you know.
Thank you so much for your respond to my last post, I will try to keep my travel posts balanced, writing about Tokyo and other places. So today I wanna write about Odaiba in Tokyo.
I guess many of you know about Odaiba, an artificial island in the south-east of the Tokyo Bay. It is a very popular place for shopping and amusement. I had the chance to visit it already two times, the fotos I use in this post are from Sep 2009.
A map of Odaiba
You have to take the Yurikamome Line from Shinbashi Station to get to Odaiba. (Yurikamome means "black headed gull" btw). It's a train that has no driver, similar to the trains at most bigger airports which bring you to the next terminal. I really enjoyed looking out of the window while being on the Yurikamome :-) The only bad thing is that the tickets are rather expensive, for that price I could reach other far places in Tokyo :-(
A Statue of Liberty :-) You can see the rainbow bridge in the background
The Rainbow Bridge
Fuji TV building and a huge park. I remember seeing many japanese + their international partners on that day
Fuji TV building and Aua City, a huge shopping mall
Sunset
There are great shopping malls, which you can only find in Odaiba. I have been to Venus Fort, Aqua City and Decks Tokyo Beach. Venus Fort is so special because it is a recreated Venetian shopping street. The designs were really beautiful:
Yeah, that's really the ceiling!
A beautiful fountain
I also loved the light in the mall
Odaiba has also many attractions which I couldn't see yet. For example:
The ferris wheel of Palette Town
There are also museums, game centers, parks, Onsen and what not which I'd really love to visit next time. Because the tickets for Yurikamome are quite expensive, you should take a whole day to spend there, and to see everything you want to. I can only recommend Odaiba, anyone who wants to go there with me?? XD





23 Kommentare:
awh i like the photos and the ceiling is amazing! I hope you get the cheap flight!
aaaawwwwwwww so schöne bilder :3
klar treffen wir uns vorher nochmal, bist ja ab november weg mein ich..?^^
wollte ja bald mal karaoke machen mit ein paar freunden, würd mich freuen wenn du dann auch kommst :3
Oh woww, check that pic out. The one with the clouds, but it's actually the ceiling. Pretty cool how it plays with our eyes. Awww! Have fun when you do go Japan; make sure to post for us many yummy food and beautiful places and people you meet. I would lovee to go Odaiba!! but I'm gna have to suffer with 2 more years of school first. Das ist echt schrecklich! LOL, excusee my amateurish german x]
That ceiling is insane! looks so real! ><
Ah someday I will make it to Odaiba!!! What a day that will be!!! Seeing your photos makes me want to go even more!!!
Also saw your comment on my blog and yes I should have some time to skype next week! That would indeed be fun!
And I'm planning to start decorating my electronic dictionary with the supplies the lovelies that you gave me as well as some I already own! I'm very excited about it!!!
u make me wanna go to japan!
great photos, the place looks beautiful!
I love going to Odaiba! I actually don't go there often but when I do it's nice :D Love your pics...
lol yeah I look 16 without makeup on and with t-shirts and shorts lol. my husband says he looks like he's dating a junior high / high school kid sometimes, which is very embarrassing for him!
odaiba ist toll. wir sind damals mit dem boot von odaiba aus nach asakusa gefahren. sehr geil :) und das riesenrad ist so toll!!!! als ich dort war (2006) gabs noch ein honey and clover cafe. ach ich hab den anime so geliebt und das cafe war so süß. mal schauen ob ich dieses mal schaffe wieder hinzugehen. schöner blogeintrag :) ich guck mir so gern bilder von japan an die "gleichgesinnte" gemacht haben und ich liebe die infos dazu. ich hab schon den ein oder anderen tipp aus blogs abgegriffen :)
oh the fountain is glorious! im gonna go and try to save money for a japan trip. Flight to Japan and Korea are really really expensive here :<
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! I really hope to get the cheap flight, too, let's see!
Danke danke, freut mich, dass sie dir gefallen! :-)) Ich freue mich schon so auf Karaoke!!! Sag einfach Bescheid, wann ihr das vorhabt, und ich bin dabei!
Im glad you like the fotos! The ceiling is really amazing, right? That's what I thought, too! I will try to have fun in JP, and of course I will go on blogging and providing my followers with cool and hopefully interesting posts about my new life over there! Two more years of school?? That would make you about 16 years old?? Why is everybody soooo young?? Lol, I feel so old right now, having finished university ans stuff XD
Und du kannst Deutsch??? Wie tol ist das denn? I didn't know you are learning German :-) What a surprise!
Doesn't it?? I felt like being in Venezia at about sunset, lol.
Hopefully you can come to Japan somewhere around the next year?? Then I'd still be there and we'd go together!
Looking forward to skype with you! And can't wait to see your newly decorated items!
My invitation is still valid :-)
Thank you for leaving me a nice comment! :-))
Let's go there together, Nic!
We could "dress ourselves up" as midschoolers and then we would pay only the half for almost everything, like train tickets and admission fees, hahahaha. でもばれったらどうしようかなあ!笑
Danke für deinen lieben Kommentar! Ja, Odaiba ist schon toll! Gibts das Cafe noch?? Ich hab den Anime zwar nicht gesehen, aber ich liebe Themen-Cafes so sehr!
Ja, das mache ich auch sehr gerne! Andere Blogger sind einfach schon viel erfahrener, da kann man sich echt mal was abschauen oder sich inspirieren lassen :-)
Ehhh, really?? But the Philippines are so near to Japan and Korea, compared to Europe! I have to change planes and my total flight time is about 14 to 15 hours, depends on where I change my plane. Yeah, but try to come to JP, too! We can go to look for Kuromi items, then :-)
You take great pictures :D Venus Fort actually reminds me of Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Very nice!
Aww, thanks a lot, but I am only taking normal tourist fotos, I don't even own a decent camera, just a normal digicam :-))
I wanna go to Las Vegas so badly now, even if it's just for fotos :-)
Yeah, we do love Odaiba! I know exactly what shopping building you mean, cause I've been there actually, but did not post any fotos this time. Odaiba has even an Onsen?? I've gotta try it out! :-)
Kommentar veröffentlichen