Dienstag, 24. August 2010

Travel post: Naoshima (Setonaikai)

Today I browsed my old pic folders and thought it is maybe time to write a travel post again? I remember that I promised to write a post about the Konpira-san, too. Bad me, I just forgot! XD

So I wanna  write about the island of Naoshima my sister and me had the chance to visit in the Seto Inland Sea between Honshu and Shikoku. I bet most of you are going to Tokyo or Osaka when you visit Japan, but hardly get to see other places, right? Except for Hokkaido I've been on all three main islands of Japan, and I really hope to explore more of them in my WH year.


Naoshima is the yellow island :-) Actually we wanted to go to Shodoshima that day XD On the map you can see all the districts of Kagawa prefecture.

We took the ferry from Takamatsu City which took about 25 minutes to Naoshima.

Only water and some little islands around us

The special thing about Naoshima is that it is a kind of "Island of Arts". You can find funny sculptures everywhere on the island, and many museums as also. We were able to visit the Benesse House and the Art House Project. The entrance fee was about 1000 Yen each time, but it was really worth it. 

I just love the beautiful landscape




Me, my sis and our friend Yui next to a huge sculpture :)

I love this pic XD



A huge pumpkin sculpture


Pumpkins seemed to be popular :-)


Bonus shot: our dinner back in Takamatsu :-)

It was so unbelievably hot and humid that day, I even got lightly sunburned at my shoulders. But it was really worth it, having spent the day in such an sophisticated and cultural place. Normally I'm not really into arts and stuff, but I can recommend a visit to Naoshima, because there you can have both a visit to the beach as well as a chance to improve oneself further in regards of arts. Next time I wanna visit Shodoshima for sure! I'm already thinking about what to post next, what would you like to see? More from Tokyo or the countryside of Kagawa?? With this is mind, see you next post!

29 Kommentare:

Angie hat gesagt…

Haha awkward pumpkins! I love them :) What a fun day~

Huong hat gesagt…

ohhh i want to go!! It's so cold around my area and sometimes the weather switches from sunny to heavy rain in a blink of an eye.

Miruku hat gesagt…

That's so interesting! You're right that Tokyo might be the most interesting for most people but I have seen it so many times. I want to see the other places of Japan! So please show us more! <3

Nicole hat gesagt…

love the place, its like every spot has the perfect background for the perfect picture xD its hard to find a good photo spot here lol! and yesss you remembered! kuromi is la la love :3 though she's evil-cute xD have a great day!

Diyana hat gesagt…

That pumpkin is wow!

Rick hat gesagt…

Beautiful pictures--especially the one with the giant tiles! =) Also, don;t feel bad, I have sompletely forgotten most of my good post ideas. I'll think, "Wow, this would make a great post", but I don;t get a chance to write it down because I'm driving or on the train...then I forget.

Nakasnet hat gesagt…

i lvoe the pumpkins very cute photos and I love the photos of you an the squares ^^

Mimisa hat gesagt…

hey my dearest!
you have to know I have great affection to you :D you're a great person (i am sorry, i had to say that >//<)
I will try to go to Japan next year and if you still there we could meet =D
i love these comments you post about trips. I am sorry if i don´t write you so often that other days u_u
i think that when i go to japan sure i will visit the typical places but it´s good know about others!
when you come to spain you have to post about my country ;D so you are invited to come here ^o^
Tokyo is good to talk about but i would prefer first about kagawa :D

Jenny hat gesagt…

I love reading all your entries about Japan very much Thanh Thao. I want to go to Japan one day, too. But right now my Japanese pen-friend is living in Australia. This way I will wait to go to Japan at least till she will have moved back home. As I want to visit her then, too, I also will go and see the countryside I guess...

Nic nic hat gesagt…

Ohhh I heard about Naoshima, the man-made island!! I want to see there one day! you're so lucky to go.. looks beautiful :)

Audrey hat gesagt…

heyyy Thanh!! yes it's been a while :)
i'm really good thanks and you?^^ i'm not so busy because i'm still on holiday^^ i will go to school on the 6th of september^^
thank you for my jewelry :) i'm happy that you like it ^_^
take care of you :)
Audrey.

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

I like the view of the sea~ It looks beautiful!
The takamatsu looks delicious! What is it made of? :D

hkittygirl hat gesagt…

You make me want to travel more :3

That polka dot pumpkin is pretty funky! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, you should really visit JP! Come over while I'm there then you have a guide for free, too, lol.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I also asked myself why pumpkins were so famous in that area :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Same as here in Germany. Lately it is really cold like autumn, though we still have August!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you, I will show you more of other places then, too! :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you so much! :-) In a beautiful environment every foto becomes kinda good looking :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

People seem to like the pumpkins, haha.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

That happens to me so often, too! I had better carry my notebook with me around so whenever I've got a nice idea about a blogpost, immediately write it down, hahaha.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Naoshima is a beautiful place, and you're living so near from there! You could take the ferry easily, whereas I have to fly 12 hours to get to Tokyo first, then come down to Shikoku, which takes about some more hours, lol.
Next time I wanna visit Okayama, too. I just changed trains last time :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

The dinner was a Japanese dish called Okonomiyaki. Basically it is a pancake made from cabbage, ginger and flour. Then you choos the topping you like most (hence the name Okonomiyake means literally "fry all the things you like")

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you, the pumpins seem to be popular!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Aww, that's so cute to say Mimisa!! I've grown so attached to you as well, since you were one of my first followers! Thank you for supporting me so often, and for leaving me lovely comments! .-)

When you come o Japan, you have me as a guide, so don't worry about anything. I'd even pick you up from the airport! So come to JP while I'm there, too!

I will come to Spain for sure! Maybe next year when I've returned from JP, I can't wait to finally see you in person.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you!! I really hope you can go to Japan once your friend has returned from Australia. Or when you come when I'm around, I can show you everything, too! XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

You're living in Japan, so you have the option to go there anytime you want, right? It is really worth it. Maybe we can travel together when I'm around, I've always wanted to go to Hokkaido, so let's go there together!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you, too, you're too sweet! Have a good start into school life!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, I like the beach, too! There must be a beach in Singapore, too, right?

The Okonomiyaki is made out of cabbage, ginger and flour. There are different toppings which you can choose according to your taste.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

That's my intention, making people want to travel not only to Tokyo only, but also to other places in Japan :-) Everybody seems to like the pumpkins, hehehe°

Kommentar veröffentlichen