Mittwoch, 10. März 2010

Short update and more snapshots

The Bachelor paper is killing me! I try my best everyday, but it's so hard to sit down and write. Today I made it to another page, now I have 18 pages. Still 12 pages to reach the minimum requirement, hehehe.

Today I want to share some funny snapshots I made in Japan, have a laugh!

Due to cases of sexual harressment this rule was etablished on japanese trains.Though nobody's keeping to this rule, hahaha! I just thought it was funny seeing this the first time!
Wanna learn osaka dialect?? XDD (from the hostel we stayed with)
Lol, as if Japanese would be 2.2. metres tall XDD Maybe this sign is for all the tall foreigners? :-)
Only funny to those who can speak proper German :-) "Ein glücklich name Schmelzbrötchen" makes no sense, if translated it would mean "A happy name meltbread", hahaha.
A hair dresser's entrance. I wouldn' want to have my hair cut there, maybe there will be a surprise regarding the outcome like: Peek a Boo! Look what we've made with your head XDDDD

See you! I am back playing with my paper... :-)

9 Kommentare:

someone hat gesagt…

"watch your head" haha XD

Anonym hat gesagt…

I loved the "watch your head" one XDDDDD

Oh and good luck with your bachelor paper! You'll do great, gambareee~!

Ricademus hat gesagt…

Maybe the "peek a boo" on the floor is to encourage people to be looking down as they approach the stairs.

I hope the ladies learn to stop harrassing the men on those trains. (jk, I know that's a serious issue and I am very anti-harrassment).

Tutti Patuti hat gesagt…

lol.. yeah . i thought it was weird that they had signs like those in japan before. i was new to the culture. i didn't know much.. i was surprised that japanese men actually harass women in public like that... but anyways

good luck on your paper!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hey, it's great that you got so far with your one week break. I finished the paper yesterday and all in all I have 48 pages (god knows how I made that XD)
Once you get into a..."flow"...it gets easier, at least it was so for me. Ganbatte ne ^-^

Sara Mari hat gesagt…

Love your snapshots they are all so funny and interesting! Especially the Osaka ben, it's like another language haha! And I didn't know meccha originated from osaka.

It must be interesting to speak many languages like you do, you can spot mistakes in German and english haha^^

Shop N' Chomp hat gesagt…

Haha...I always love reading the signs in Asian countries! A lot of times, they just don't make any sense. XP Thank you for sharing these funny pics! Good luck on your Bachelor paper!!

Thanh Thao hat gesagt…

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I will give my best to finish this stupid papaer as soon as possible! :-)

I am also glad you liked the photos! <3

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

What an interesting find of the signboards! I think the hair salon's one is the most hilarious, I bet they drove away many foreigners that fear their hair would turn out weird! Haha..

Kommentar veröffentlichen