Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011

New York Dec 2011: Begin of the journey and first day in Big Apple

Jetlag got me, it is 3:37 am here in New York and I'm totally awake, lol. So I thought why not write a detailed blogpost for you?

So if you were wondering why I didn't update yesterday, there were simply two reasons, first the Internet access in our hotel room wasn't that good and second I was too tired, haha. We had abut 12 hours traveling time in total, including flights, transit, waiting and security checks. Everyting went quite smoothly, even though the check in Birmingham, England was much tougher than the ones in the US, lol. How come? :)
Well, back to the begin of the journey, I had to stand up at around 3:45 am in Düsseldorf to catch my flight at 7:15. We had some time left so we went to Starbucks to kill off some time. I'm gonna spam you with pics now, so you better be prepared! XD

 Me at our check in counter! We flew Lufthansa the first time! (Operated by Continental, though, but on the flight home it will be the real Lufthansa, haha) I only brought my beloved pink suitcase and my Swimmer tavel bag (which is inside). You must see what my brother had as luggage, pic of it later in this post, it is hilarious XD

 Christmas Tree at Düsseldorf Airport

 Cranberry White Mocca, one of Starbucks' Christmas Season drinks we had while killing off some time! I realized they have totally different Christmas drinks here in New York except for the Gingerbread Latte! Gotta try them! 

The flight itself was qite okay, but there turbulences from time to time and the Captain turned on the seat belt sign quite often... And I must say that the food was actually quite edible this time! Many may know I'm quite picky when it comes to food, specially what you get in airplanes! The entertainment was also good, I watched Transformers and some episodes of CSI Miami and NY :) Well, then we finally began the landing we could see the Skyline of Manhattan! There we knew, we made it! XD The immigration was actually quite smoothly, I thought it was much tougher! Well, maybe because we entered via Newark instead of JFK? Who knows.

 Look at the traffic light, they have a red hand instead of a red guy, lol

 At the airport: the famous yellow cabs :)

 My bus tickets

 These pics explain themselves XDDD


My first impressions were like why is everything here so huge and vast? When you are standing inmidst these skyscraper valleys it is quite dark even though the sun was shining. I somehow felt like when I visited Tokyo for the first time, there are too many people, it is loud and colourful. You just wanna go and explore everything. This is what we did before we headed to our hotel at around six pm via cab <3 We strolled around Times Square and went to different shops, I so wanna spend my money today ;)






 Disney Store!! I already found lots of new things I'm gonna safe from getting dusty, haha!

We spotted the naked cowboy! But it was a different one from the usual one!

 Our first dinner in NY! Of course it has to be Mac Donalds Times Square! And it was sooo good :) This set was like 4 Euro :)

 M&M Store, 3 floor of awesome M&M goodies! And here was this scent of M&M everywhere :)



 Me and Elmo, he was collecting donations, so I donated my coins for that foto!

And finally our hotel room! It was surprisingly huge and clean, even though it has only two stars. I think we made a good deal with this hotel, even though it is located in Queens, we're gonna stay here for the first four nights before changing locations to Columbus Circle near Central Park.



 Myself, hahaha. I look tired and worn out but I think you can also see how happy I am to spend an awesome time here :)

 Now our luggage! Left mine, right my brother's! You can practically count the number of items he brought with him on one hand, lol.

A foto we took in M&M World

So that was our first day in New York, hope you liked the fotos! More are to come the next days :) Stay tuned!

34 Kommentare:

すちゃにや hat gesagt…

Oooh, ich will auch so gern in NY sein jetzt.
Schoen, dass du gut angekommen bist.
Hier ist es kalt und gestern hatten wir den ersten Schnee...
Bin noch immer auf Wohnungssuche. Hamburg ist total verrueckt was das angeht.
Ich hoffe du hast ne ganz ganz tolle Zeit drueben. Und mach viele Fotos ^-^

Lou hat gesagt…

Waaaahnsinn! Die Fotos sind super!! Das muss ja total eindrücklich sein! und soooo riiiesig alles! Wooow! *___* Geniesse es Thanh Thao! *3* Hab dich lieb und pass auf dich auf!

Shou hat gesagt…

woooooooooooooooooooow!!! die fotos von der statdt sind krass!!! *_* genau wie im tv immer *-*
whaaaaaaa ich will auch nach NYC! *-*
mehr bilder! *-* wünsch dir ganz viel spaß *-*

Harmony Cloud hat gesagt…

I am glad you are having a good time! And can't wait to see you soon!

Katharina hat gesagt…

Das ist alles so niedlich :D
Haha, der Weihnachtsbaum hier am Flughafen sieht voll krass aus... da ist ja kaum noch Grün zu sehn!!

Es sieht alles super toll und aufregend aus :) Hoffe du hast ein paar wunderschöne Shopping-Tage.

Nancy Nolte hat gesagt…

Woooaaaaaahhh... die M&Ms
Ich wünsche dir eine wunderschöne Zeit in New York^^

Mia hat gesagt…

Ich würde MORDEN um einmal in diesem M&M Store einkaufen zu können!! *¬*

Hyenaurun hat gesagt…

Uhh~ super schöne Fotos!
Ich wünsche dir weiterhin ganz viel Spaß in den USA! <3 Ich freue mich auf mehr Fotos **

Judith hat gesagt…

Uh Der Starbucks Kaffee sieht lecker aus! Was für Varianten haben die denn in NY?

Liliep hat gesagt…

ooh das sieht alles super toll aus! denk dran nach hasen accessoires ausschau zu halten, und frag uncie ob er noch zum apple store gehen will, das gebäude müsst ihr unbedingt sehen!

Laura bee hat gesagt…

That Starbucks is fancy! It looks delicious and it's in a mug!
Naked cowboy must have been cold!
Your brother is funny! He is an expert at traveling light!

みか☆ちゃん hat gesagt…

I'm so happy you arrived safely! I didn't know you didn't fly into JFK, good thing you didn't >< !!! 

These photos look so amazing, I wish I was there with you! I hope you can enjoy New York nightlife as well, they have SOOOOO many things you can do, regardless of your taste! I can't wait to see more photos of your stay!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Jaaaaa, ich war so geflasht als ich dann auf dem Times Square stand und musste erst alles auf mich einwirken lassen XD Es war gewaltig, hahaha.

Danke das werd ich machen, hab dich auch lieb und vermiss dich <3<3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Es ist echt voll schön hier zu sein, man muss die ganze Eindrücke erst mal auf sich einwirken lassen und verarbeiten, hahaha. Es ist echt so wie man es im Fernsehen immer sieht, wenn man selbst hiersteht ist es einfach nur Wahnsinn!

Ich hab schon viele Bilder gemacht, kann aber längst nicht alles hochladen, wir schauen uns die Bilder mal zusammen an :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, me too!! I was just walking down Bryant Park Stn today and saw Kinokuniya!! Can't wait to see you on Saturday, there will be nice weather, too! Today the weather just sucked, only rain and we did not have an umbrella, hahaha :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh ja, einkaufen ist hier super toll aber auch furchtbar anstrengend! Meine Beine tun mir so weh, lol. Ich werd mal die Tage deine bestellten Sachen be Mac kaufen, das gibt es in Manhatten echt oft!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Viele lieben Dank! die M&Ms sind so awesome, ich liebe sie! ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Das glaube ich dir doch direkt! Da will man am liebsten einfach alles mitnehmen XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Danke danke XDD Ich werd weiterhin fleißig posten :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Den Gingerbread Latte gibts hier auch, aber die anderen beiden Sorten (Cranberry White Moccha und Toffee Nut Latte) nicht, stattdessen gibts hier Peppermint Mocha und Creme Brulee Latte, beides auch als Frappuchino, und noch ein par andere Season Drinks XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ach ja, der Apple Store, da wollten wir auf jeden Fall nochmal hin XD Und ich hab den Hasen heut ein nees Spiezeug gekauft, bzw neue "Freunde" für Liliep :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh I love Starbucks, and I hope I can have more of it the next days XD Well, it hasn't been that cold the last two days, actually for me it was too warm haha :)

We both planned to buy a lot of things here but still I brought a lot of things with me, lol

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, I so wish you were here to enjoy together, it would be so much fun to fight ourselves through Macy's, hahaha. But surely I'll be stopping by in California soon, just wait for me XD

NY truly is amazing! There is no better word to describe that! We still have our hotel in Queens so we can't enjoy nightlife that much, but as soon as we changed our hotel to Columbus Drive near central park nightlife can come!! ;)

☆ ♪KAWAiiRiBBON♪ ☆ hat gesagt…

Wow... das sind sooo geniale Bilder! Thanh Thao, du hast mir soeben Lust gemacht auch nach New York zu reisen. Das war eh schon ein Kindheitswunsch von mir seit eh und je. Und ich glaube den werde ich mir nächstes Jahr um genau die Zeit erfüllen und nach NY zum xmas shoppen fliegen. *____*
Da fällt mir grad auf.. genau den Anhänger wo du am Koffer hast hab ich auch! :D Daiso ist einfach genial, gell? xD
OMG.. dein Bruder hat nur so wenig Gepäck??? Oo
LG und genieß die Zeit dort. <3

monologue_de_chi hat gesagt…

Ich bin sooo froh, dass du sicher gelandet bist!!! *______*

Ich wollte dir eher schreiben, aber meine Kopfschmerzen haben mich abgehalten...

Rick hat gesagt…

LOL, my first meal in NY was in Times Square--there used to be a chain called Roy Rogers--they had good burgers and chicken and strawberry shortcake.  Thanks for sharing all the great pictures--except for that naked cowboy.  That guy has to be stopped!!! =)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Das freut mich dass meine Bilder Lust auf mehr machen, und ich freu mich dass ich das alles mi meinen Lesern teilen kann! New York ist echt wunderschön und ein echtes Erlebnis, es war auch schon immer mein Kindheitstraum, nur kam bisher immer Japan dazwischen, lol. Da wurde es höchste Zeit mal ein anderes Land aufzusuchen XD Eine Warnung vorweg, nimm bloß gnug Geld mit, man bekommt hier ganz leicht "Ich möchte alles kaufen" Krankheit XDDD

Jaaaaaa, ich liebe Daiso, als ich in Tokyo gelebt habe war mein ganzer Hausrat von Daiso, hat mir mehr als nur einmal das Leben gerettet XD

Jep, er hatte nur so wenig dabei, dafür kauft er hier alles :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh je, nimm ne Tablette und leg dich hin ;) Hoffe es geht bald wieder weg. Danke dass du schreibst, wenn ich wieder zurück bin machen wir uns ne schöne Zeit, ja? <3<3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, Times Sq is a magnet for tourists, hahaha! Too bad the chain you had your meal isn't there anymore, I would have loved to try that! XDD I'll be sure to try Deli Sandwiches, though! and of course cheesecake ;)

Hahaha, the naked cowboy, does anybody even know why he is around? :)

Ringblock hat gesagt…

Peppermint-Mocha kannst du hier auch bestellen (steht nur auf keiner Karte)^^ ...und die Creme Brulee -Getränke gab's in der Herbst-Promo ...in einigen Stores haben sie das Sirup noch ... ^.~ mich überrascht nur, dass CB in den USA in der Weihnachts-Promo läuft.
Ich find's nur schade, dass es hier nichts mit grünem Tee gibt...aber vielleicht kommt das ja noch :3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ach was, das hab ich gar nicht mitbekommen! XDD Oder es gibt das in meinem Starbucks nicht in Düsseldorf! :) Danke für de Hinweis! Ich würde es sehr begrüßen wenn es irgendwann Matcha Latte/Frappuchino bei Starbucks hier geben würde! <3<3

Ringblock hat gesagt…

ich werde den Matcha-Frappu aber unbedingt probieren, wenn ich nächstes Jahr in JP Urlaub mache *_*
Und wenn du heiße Schoki magst- mit Lebkuchen-Sirup is die echt lecker.
Ahhh...aber jetzt genug von Sbux =..=
Krieg schon wieder Lust auf...auf irgendso'n süßes Zeug ...

bangbangsheshoots hat gesagt…

gosh I'm just catching up with your NY posts right now!! Love your pictures, looks like you're having the time of your life!! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I'm also trying to catch up with everything as I was virtually dead the last week, lol. Thank you for always taking time to comment dear XD Yes, it was such a funny trip, we had so much fun! Now we're back home since three days and tomorrow my work life starts all over again, hahaha, I so don't wanna go to work ;__;

Kommentar veröffentlichen