Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011

Day 2: 12 Hours Shopping Marathon

Hi friends, today we woke up at 6:35 am, seems Jetlag is slowly getting away, hahaha! But that leaves me time to blog before heading down for breakfast :)

Thank you everyone for your nice omments to my last post, I already replied tho them. Hope you forgive me if I miss to reply, it is dependent on how much time is left and how tired I am, lol.

So Day 2 started rainy, it was raining the whole day and seems to continue today as well.  So we decided to spend the rainy days shopping and starting Friday, when the weather will be good and dry again we'll begin our sight seeing, for example going to the observation center decks. Makes no sense when there are too many clouds right?

Anyway, we wanted to go to Century 21, a department store in Financial district which specializes in bargain, you can get a lot of designer/brand goods for discount prices! I made some very good deals there regarding innerwear!

Have some fotos of the day!

This is where once Ground Zero was! They already started buliding the new Tower.



Our destination: Century 21!

As the title said, it was a very long day, just shopping, browsing stores, making little breaks in between for coffee, lunch, snacks, etc. We left the hotel at 9 am and returned at 9 pm, and despite the rain we walked so much, my feet were hurting so much that evening. But it was totally worth it! We made some super super good deals!!! You will be envious if I tell you the price ;) Specially in Century 21, where we will be heading again today, as we still need some things more. 

Our lunch in a cute japanese restaurant! My brother's Kimchee Udon!

My very very good sushi set!

There it is, my beloved Matcha Frappuchino in Starbucks :) It was almost as good as in Japan (almost because the whipped cream was different and it was a bit too bitter compared to the sweet Matcha Frappuchino in Japan). But totally worth it, I'm gonna have it again and again the next days :)

Hahahaha

Then we headed to the very famous Macy's department store, which has ten floors of goods! A real consume temple, it even has its own Starbucks, Ben&Jerry's, Auntie Annes's and MacDonalds inside!! I think we spend like 5 hours in Macy's.

Thair Christmas decoration is just awesome, too bad the foto can't capture even a little bit of it!

A total necessary break in Macy's Starbucks, I tried the Christmas drink Creme Brulee Latte, which was so yummy! The Macy's Starbucks is locatd on a balcony between first and second floor, and is called Floor 1 1/2, lol.

View from the balcony :)

Our deals, lol. Both of those bags were so heavy and they were carrying them around the whole day... But we bought so many things, I can't show them all XD We had to get a visitor's card to get a 10% discount on the whole buying, the sales staff sent us to Floor 1 1/2, and we were runnig through the whole of Macy's just to get this discount, lol.

Another break, which we spent in Baskin Robbins! The portions were huuuuge! I just had a double scoop and had problems finishing it!

My brother's BR milk shake, it is in a Dunkin Donuts cup cause BR and DD had the same store :)

BR interior :)

This entrance to the subway was in a drug store :)

Anybody here as much as a Toy Story fan as I am?? I spotted these guys in Disney Store and had to get it ;)

No Monster's Inc didn't made it into my shopping bag :) But the piggy from Toy Story said buy me, and I think I'll return today to get it! XDDD

OMG they are so adorable :)) I also got the small set, both were on sale!

Tuxedo Sam stamp and shopping bag, also on Sale!

My new sweater from Tommy Hilfiger's Tommy Girl (one of my fav brands)! I saved 75 Percent, it is unbelievable ;)

My new winter coat from American Rag, where I saved 65% :) My brother made the best deal of the day, a leather wallet from Ralph Lauren where he saved over 80 percent. I wonder if I can top that??

Here you see a picture of me wearing it XD Well, still need some suitable shoes for that super cute coat.

My first kilogram of Jelly Bellys, I saved up 50 Percent compared to the prices in Germany XD Need to get some more bags, hahaha! Oh and the HP Jellies are for my friend K, who loves HP s much <3

Last but not least, my simple but comfortable outfit of the day. I wore my new brown overknees whch I got in Germany but I realized I can get much cooler innerwear here!  

So much to Day 2 and my gets, too bad I can't show you everything we bought, my brother made some very good deals as well! Our credit cards are glowing, spending money for things you like has always been good, but spending money for things you like where the PRICE is good as well makes everything so much better. Here the question is not SHOULD I buy it, it is WHAT should I buy, hahahaha.

So, that was it for today, I need to get myself ready for another day of power shopping. Today it's even raining worse than yesterday... Anyway, see you and have a nice day!

30 Kommentare:

PrincessRyo hat gesagt…

OH MY <3 great gets!
I wanna have a disney store, I would buy all from stitch XD <333
the coat is super great!

Conshi hat gesagt…

süße ich bin ja grad so blogfaul und schreib nix und les auch kaum so das ich grad erst kapiert hab das du in NY bist. das ist voll toll!!!!!!!!!!! ich wünsch dir ganz ganz viel spaß und mal wieder super bilder :) ach man ich muss wieder bissel blog aktiver werden :)

Liliep hat gesagt…

der mantel ist ja toll, leihst du mir den mal aus?? ;) cool dann habt ihr ja jeden tag viel spaß :) die prinzen freuen sich schon auf ihre neuen spielsachen :D ich will auch ganz viele neue klamotten einkaufen gehen!!

Mia hat gesagt…

12h? OMG O_O ... Du hast meinen vollsten respekt...Bro! XDD
Aber in NY hat man da wahrscheinlich mega Motivation. :D
Ich finde den Mantel super, der steht dir auch echt gut! Ein paar Kniehohe braune Stiefel sehen dazu sicher süß aus. ;)

LG

SARA MARI hat gesagt…

I had never heard of Century 21 as a department store before this time, I've always known the name as a real estate agency haha. It sounds like a great place for shopping XD You are doing a good job getting the deals during this big shopping season, and the clothing you picked really is so cute. The Tuxedo Sam bag too, I never see this character around.

And its cool you are trying many american foods/drinks. Dunkin Donuts is really popular in the North East. When I went to New Hampshire a couple years ago, I was like "Why is there a Dunkin Donuts on every corner??" Haha, here in MN there are only a couple of them in the whole state XD

I really appreciate that you are blogging even when you are so busy with 12 hour days full! I admire your dedication to your audience. Oh and today I will complete the final draft of my thesis, I hope you enjoy reading it after you return home ^^

Lou hat gesagt…

Das sieht fast so aus als hättest du die Bilder in Japan geschossen! Enjoy! <3 ^.^

Shou hat gesagt…

awwwwwww *_* new york sieht so toll aus! *-*
der rote mantel ist superschön*0* und du hast graue overknees^^ lass uns damit das twin outfit machen *-*
das essen sieht so lecker aus *-* ich will auch dahin:3
wünsch dir noch viel spaß süße<3
ps. hab heute dein xmas-geschenk fertig gemacht *-*

☆ ♪KAWAiiRiBBON♪ ☆ hat gesagt…

Awww~~ die Bilder vom Essen! Bitte mehr davon! *__* Und deine gets sind super!
Macha Frappuccino... ich vermisse es auch. Hab es schon sooo ewig nicht mehr getrunken und ich ärger mich jedes mal wenn ich in Deutschland bei Starbucks bin und es den dort nicht hat. T_T
Wie lang bleibst du denn genau?
Je mehr du postest umso mehr möchte ich nächstes Jahr dort auch hin! :D
<3

monologue_de_chi hat gesagt…

echt cool, dass du so viele tolle sachen gekauft hast!! oh man, ich lieeeebe diese toystory erbsen (???) *_________________________________________* soo süß!!!!!

der pully sieht auch sucher aus *__* den würde ich auch selber kaufen und tragen XDDD

ich drück dir daumen für gutes wetter!!!!!

(omg es gibt matcha latte *___________________*)

Harmony Cloud hat gesagt…

Yay! I am so glad you got some shopping in! I know the weather was so bad today! I had my contracts final though so I was indoors the whole day :P. Can't wait for the weekend though! 

Rick hat gesagt…

You and your wallet are both getting a good workout. =)  You bought some terrific items. 

I like DD's forzen coffee drinks.  I think I tried them before I ever stepped foot in a Starbucks.

華 ♡ Hana hat gesagt…

It looks like you're having so much fun~
I looove all the pictures! I hope you have a great trip! :D

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ah, thanks a lot! I have many friends who love Disney, so I'd like to bring back Disney goodies for them! ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ach, das macht doch nix XDD Bin froh dass du wenigstens ab und zu liest, ich poste momentan soviel weil ich grad was zu schreiben habe, hahahaha. Sobald ich wieder n Düsseldorf sitze gibts nix mehr interessantes zu berichten XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Jep kannst du dir leihen, wir haben ja die gleiche Größe XD Ja, es ist sehr spaßig jeden Tag aber voll anstrengend, am Abend falle ich immer tot ins Bett, naja, davor blogge ich noch :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Jaaaaaaa, es ist super anstrengend, aber es lohnt sich! Schnäppchen machen macht echt Spaß, und wann ist man denn schon mal in New York?? XDD

Danke!! Ich werd mal welche anprobieren die Tage!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

It is always crowded at Century, because of the wonderful prices and you can't possible eave without buying something, it is so tempting! XDD If you are in NY, make sure you pay Century 21 a visit! Tuxedo Sam is a lovely character from Sanrio and I've aso heard about it only recently! And I love it, too bad there aren't that many products around!

I wanna try even more American stuff, like Bagels, Carnegi Deli and Cold Stone Creamery, hahaha, but most of the time we are having japanese food here, lol.

My readers are everything for me! I'm so glad I can share my experience and my whole trip with you! Oh and I'd love to read your paper, send it to me XDDDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, New York und Tokyo sind sich in vielen Belangen sehr ähnlich!! Da denkt man manchmal echt man ist in Tokyo, vor allem weil es hier auch viele Japaner gibt! <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

New York ist echt klasse, viel besser als man es sich so vorstellt! Ich wünschte du könntest das mit erleben :)

Jaaaaa, das Twin-Outfit muss auf jeden Fall mit Overknees sein!! Freu mich schon total drauf! Ich weiß auch schon was ich dir schenken werde!! XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Awwww, danke!! Ich bleibe bis zum 14.12. unser Flug Richtung Heimat geht um acht Uhr abends hier, also sind wir nicht mehr so lange da ;__; Ich will hierbleiben, lol!

Ja das wäre toll wenn du es auch mal nah NY schaffst! Ich wünsch es dir so es ist ech toll hier!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Man ist den ganzen Tag versucht was zu kaufen, vor allem weil man hier ja alles mit Kreditkarte bezahlen kann, auch den Kaffee bei Starbucks XDD

Jaaaa, das sind Edamame, aber sie sind sooo niedlich! Hast du Toy Story gesehen?? Wenn nicht müsen wir das mal zusammen machen!

Heute war das Wetter toll!! Zwar etwas kühl aber wunderschön mit Sonne und blauen Himmel! Und Matcha Frappuchino nehmen wir jeden Tag zu uns, lol

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh, hope you're doing fine despite the stress with exams! Wish you all the best! I also can't wait till Saturday!! <3<3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

My money wants to be spent soon, lol. Before I buy I think thoroughly about it, though! I have made bad experience with spontanous buys, hahaha.

I so wanna have a Donut before I head home again! DD seems to be quite popular here!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you so much, it is indeed a trip full of fun, nice food and wondeful shopping, hahaha!

Katharina hat gesagt…

Ich hole erst langsam deine Einträge auf :D

omg, es sieht alles so toll aus! Und die kleinen Erbschen passen irgendwie zu dir XD Die sind soooooo süß!! Der Mantel ist auch richtig toll und steht dir so gut!

Hachja, was für Konsumtempel... sowas kennt man hierzulande ja kaum, in diesem riesigen Format.

Jenny Reich hat gesagt…

Oh Mann, sieht das Sushi lecker aus! Ich muß unbedingt bald mal wieder nach Essen fahren zum essen ;-)
Disney Store! Ich bin so neidisch! Ich hätte als erstes nach einen neuen Mickey Mouse Schlüsselanhänger geguckt, bei meinem blättert die Farbe ab :-(
Aber jeden anderen Mickey hätte ich auch mitgenommen, die brauchen bestimmt ein neues zu Hause :-D

bangbangsheshoots hat gesagt…

shopping looks amazing there, and I love your red coat - it looks really cute! I bet you can eat anything you want in NY!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hahahaha, besser spät als nie, was?? ;) Nein, ich bin froh dass du alles liest, und bald bekommst du es ja alles von mir selbst erzählt XDD

New York hat überall diese Malls und andere unzählige Einkaufsmöglichkeiten, dass es schon schwer ist etwas NICHT zu kaufen, hahaha, so ein bisschen wie in Tokyo ;) Gut dass die nicht überall solche niedliche Sachen hatten wie im Disney Store XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, leider schaffen wir es wohl nicht uns noch dieses Jahr zu treffen was? Aber bald schon können wir uns wieder sehen denke und dann gehen wir hier bei meinem Lieblingsjapaner essen, ich zeig dir wo es das Beste Sushi in D'dorf gibt ;)))

Disney ist ne einzige riesige Geldfalle, wo jeder reintappt sobald er den Laden betritt ;) Ich wollte auch alle Plüschies retten <3<3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you so much! ;) I already love it too! ;) Can't wait to wear it there in Düsseldorf!

And yes, we ate everything we wanted, specially japanese and Starbucks, lol.

Kommentar veröffentlichen