Hi friends, sorry I haven't updated for such a long time!! The last days were sooo busy and at the end of the day we were so tired I only had energy left to shower and then watch TV in our hotel room, usually we're on the road walking like 10-11 hours a day XD But today I'm giving my best to retell you Day 5 and 6!
On Day 5 we changed our hotel location from Queens to Midtown in Manhattan :) Finally we don't have to take the train and shuttle bus any longer, we can walk to places like Rockefeller Center or Times Square easily! On that day we just had lunch at the best Ramen-Ya in New York (well, according to Time Out Magazine) and bought sweets as souvenirs for friends and family at home ^^
On Day 6 we managed to meet up with my friend Ashley! Well, actually she was Charlotte's friend, when both were studying at Waseda University back in our Tokyo times <3<3 We met during the earthquake when Ashley didn't make it home and had to stay with us in our apartment in Ikebukuro. Sometimes life is awesome and can get you to such connections, hahaha ;) Anyways, it was soooo lovely to see here again, last time we met it was in the immigration office back in Tokyo when we both got our re-entry permits... Thanks again for that lovely day, dear, you are too sweet and were looking so cute! ;) Ashley posted about the day here, you should really check out her blog!
View from our new hotel room :) West 57th Street
Our room is located on the ninth floor
It is quite spacious!
Christmas Tree in the Hotel Lobby
Our lunch, yes you can tell, we do love Ramen and japanese cuisine in general
Broadway
We went to Hershey's Store
Many of you might have seen this foto on facebook already ;) As I write these lines to you the amount of sweets has trippled, lol. I think it has reached 15 Kilo now, hahaha.
Columbus Circle, near our hotel. See me with a coffee to go from Starbucks of course XDD
NYPD camping van?? :)
My outfit of the day, yeah, I do look the same every day... XD
In Macy's furniture department, see all the postcards I wrote?? The frog was watching, too XD
Little snack at Starbucks XDD honestly, if we are not shopping we spend our time and money at Starbucks!
Ashley and me at Union Square Station, she was looking so cute, and her make-up was awesome! We decided to meet up at Penn Station at McDonalds, but there were three of them in and ouside that super huge station, and I tried to call her but the stupid public phone just took our one dollar and it didin't work. I was so afraid of not finding her, but thank God we found the right place and could meet, it was a miracle, haha.
Union Square, Ashley told me many famous people live here!
Union Square is such a lovely place!!
In front of Grace church :)
Stolen from Ashley :)
This too! We had dinner in a super nice Izakaya ;)
Ashley tried out her new Purikura app, I phones are soooo aweseome XD
Washington Square
Macy's Believe <3
Finally a picture of the three of us ;) This one turned out well!
Thank you again Ashley for spending the day with us despite your tight schedule (it takes her about one hour to Manhattan), for showing us the NYU area, SoHo and the yummy Izakaya :) Hope next time we'll meet it will be in Germany <3<3<3
So stay tuned for the next posts, we "visited" Miss Liberty via Staten Island Ferry, shopped yet again and got to the Top of the Rock observation deck in Rockefeller Center ;)






22 Kommentare:
whaaaaaaa schöne bilder! *-* die bilder von eurem hotelzimmer sind ja toll, so luxuriös O.O
wie schön dass du ashley treffen konntest, sieht nach viel spaß aus *-*
die bilder sind so toll, ich sollte wirklich mal geld sparen und auch mal nach NYC!^^
I think its really awesome you could meet up with a friend you met in Japan on your trip to the US (tho I wish it was me instead haha). I can understand you are quite tired from walking and seeing many things everyday, certainly you should take as many breaks from blogging as you need.
Oh Macy's in New York, I really want to see that for sure some day haha. And I like the photo of the sweets, lip smackers and cute things you've bought!
ooh ich kanns kaum erwarten zu sehen was du alles mitbringst :) hast du an meinen cardigan gedacht? am donnerstag bist du ja wieder zuhause!
Omg ich sehe schon wieder die M&Ms in deinem Blog und vergesse dabei immer was ich eigentlich schreiben wollte. xDDD Haha, ich bin süchtig!!! ^^
Hört sich echt danach an also ob ihr einen wahren Adventure-Urlaub habt. Ich stelle mir dabei immer die Urlaube mit meiner Mum vor... xD Es endet irgendwann immer beim Sonnenbaden am Strand oder beim TV gucken auf der Couch. Sie ist nicht so der Stadtmensch. xD
Wie ist eigentlich das Wetter so in NY? Bei uns in Düsseldorf regnets nur noch -.- Eben hats sogar kurz gewittert. Ich war so erschrocken, dass ich im ersten Moment dachte meine Lichterkette auf dem Balkon wäre explodiert. xDDDD Gewitter im Winter? WTF? oO"
I can see you're having a great trip. It's wonderful that you were able to meet up with Ashley, it's nice to have a friend and a guide in a new place.
omg i can't get over how much candies and chocs you have hauled... how do you stay so thin!! haha
DANKE FÜR DIE POSTKARTEEEEE!!!!! (*3*)/ <3 Ach die vielen Süssigkeiten und der XMAS-Baum <3 Wie kitschig *love*
Grace Church... kam das nicht bei Sex and the City vor?? :D Als irgendwer geheiratet hat... ich glaube Charlotte.
I was so happy to get to see you again! I wish we could spend more time together (stupid finals always getting in the way!) Anyway! I hope we can see each other again soon! <3
Also du hast mich definitiv davon überzeugt, dass ich nächstes Jahr um die Jahreszeit auch nach NYC will! *___* Du bist wieder zurück, gell? Jetlag schon vorbei? Hin finde ich geht es immer, aber wenn man wieder nach Deutschland zurück kommt ist es immer so schlimm. @_@ Ich glaub ich muss auch mal nach nem Freund für meinen Yoshi gucken. Die sind soooowas von niedlich! :D Deine Bilder sind wie immer <3 und das Essen... YUMMY!
Daaaanke! Es war ein Drei Sterne Hotel in Midtown, also sollte es auch einigermaßen luxeriös sein, leider hat das Restaurant Essen da unten in der Lobby gar nicht geschmeckt ;__;
Ich danke Gott dass es geklappt hat, wie gesagt, Penn Station war so riesig und ich hatte eine solche Angst dass wir sie nicht sehen würden, aber gut dass alles dann doch geklappt hat :)
Jaaa, es ist wirklich nicht so teuer, ich musste zwei Monate für den Trip arbeiten, was jetzt nicht soviel war, geht echt schnell rum, aber bevor du nach NY fliegst müssen wir noch nach Tokyo (oder JP egal wo XDD)
It would have been so awesome to see you as also XDDD But I'm sos ure we'll meet soon again, I have this in my feeling ;) It was such a nice Saturday we spent with Ashley, it is def more cooler to have a local show you around and to talk with ;) too bad she had her upcoming finals that day, so she had to left early!
Macy's was sooo amazing, it is really the World largest department store, with it's ten floors and millions of products ;) It is hard to leave without purchasing anything, hahaha!
Das ging schneller als gedacht!
Hahaha, M&Ms können wirklich süchtig machen, genauso wie andere amerikanische Produkte wie Jelly Belly oder Lip Smacker!
Ich bin immer auf der Suche nach Abenteuer-Urlaub, hab auch schon einiges hinter mir, zum Beispiel 10 Stunden auf hohen Schuhen durch Toyko laufen, 7 Stunden wandern auf den Bergen in der Schweiz, nun Power Urlaub in NY... aber so ein Strandurlaub stelle ich mir auch schön vor, einfach relaxen, aus dem Alltag rauskommen, Seele baumeln lassen... aber leider bin ich nicht der Typ dafür, lol.
Das Wetter war toll in NY Fast jeden Tag blauer Himmel und Sonnenschein, in den zehn Tagen die wir da waren hat es an zwei geregnet, so gesehen hatten wir ein Riesen-Glück ;) Und kaum komm ich wieder nad D'dorf, erwischt es mich eiskalt...das Wetter hier macht einen echt depressiv...
Yeah it was a great trip, we had a lovely afternoon with Ashley ;) And I always thought Rick is in DC ath this moment, only a stonethrow from NY away ;))
In the end it was even more... I shall post the final picture with all the sweets and choclate ina few days, I think we spent more than 300 Dollars on that alone, lol. Hmmm, I think my digestion is just good! But I can actually gain weight, but it is not so easy somehow, lol.
Gern geschehen, ich freu mich dass sie dir gefällt und angekommen ist! Ich weiß gar nicht wieviele von meinen insgesamt 20 Karten schon angekommen sind ;)
**KITSCH LIEBE FOREVER**, right?? <3<3<3
Das weiß ich gar nicht mehr, war das echt so?? Dann war ich ja beim Drehort!! Wir haben auch die Magnolia Bakery gesehen, wovon ich weiß dass die bei SatC vorkam, und Ashley meinte auch dass in dem einen Starbucks bei Cooper Square für den Film gedreht wurde, da sind wir auch vorbei gelaufen XDDD
Yeah, and you can imagine how happy we were to finally see you, Penn Station was so huge and the payphone didn't work ans I was so afraid we wouldn't find you ;) Thank God we walked by Penn Plaza and decided to go down and have a look cause you said Mc Donalds downstairs, hahaha. How did your finals go?? And I hope you're enjoying your holiday!
I'm already looking forward to our next meetup, hopefully Charlotte can join, too!
Das ist toll, du kannst mich dann auch alles fragen, jetzt kennen wir uns ja ein wenig aus, haha! Warte mal auf die Angebote von Lufthansa die nächstes Jahr im Herbst bestimmt wieder kommen werden, wir haben unseren Flu Mitte September gebucht, da gabs diese Aktion von LH Noramerika für 450 Euro ;))
Jep, bin seit drei Tagen zurück und der Jetlag ist so gut wie weg, hab auch jede Menge Schlaf nachgeholt XD Zurück ist echt viel schlimmer als hin, da hast du schon Recht ;)
Yes for sure! I have not yet gotten my final grades....It is so hard to tell how it went...I hope it goes well ^^;; i will get my grades the day before school starts next semester I hate waiting so long! :P I hope to see you guys soon too!!!!
Danke! ^^ Das werd ich dann auch machen. Also ich werd definitiv nächstes Jahr im Dezember nach NY fliegen. Das lass ich mir nicht nehmen. Bekomm immer mehr Lust darauf!
Kommentar veröffentlichen