Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011

Thursday Evening

Today I got to meet one of my best friends K. again after more than three weeks! We have both been so busy with work and university, that we didn't manage to meet, even though we live in the same area, just a 20 minute walk away from each other, hahaha. 

We had some drinks in an ice-cream parlour and just chatted to catch up with the latest news. Oh it was so lovely to laugh again about some old stories, lol. Have some pictures of the day :) Sorry, no pics of myself, I have a terrible breakout on my chin, it might be pms, who knows, hope it heals soon! :(

 Very random: my locker at work! The admins mistook my second first name for the first one, so they printed a wrong name tag, I had to cut it and change it myself, haha! Sometimes I ask my Mum why she didn't name me Christina or something like that, lol XDDD

 My hot chocolate with whipped cream <3

 K's Irish Coffee! I had a little sip, it was super strong ;P

 Interior of the ice-cream parlor, I liked the flower decoration!

A new publication of our university! K and some other friends and people we studied with had the chance to publish their papers which were graded as extraordinary! I'm so proud of them, now other students can use their papers to quote for their own works. I'm so sure K will make a university career after she finishes her Master's grade, she also received a 5000 Euro price money from our instiute for the best BA paper of the year 2010. Now I feel so small, my paper was only "good" her's was extraordinary, lol

So, tomorrow NeNe will come to Düsseldorf to spend the weekend and Monday with me! I'm so much looking forward, hope we'll get along! <3 I'll pick her up at the airport tomorrow evening! *__*

Next time I post about the upcoming Japan-Festival in Düsseldorf, so stay tuned!!

EDIT: My lovely friend Holly is holding a giveaway! You can win MAC cosmetics! Please enter!

14 Kommentare:

Rick hat gesagt…

I love ice cream parlors!  They seem like old-fashioned places, even if they're brand new.  I would have ordered hot chocolate too--I almost never drink coffee.  I predict you and NeNe will have a wonderful time. =)

I have been scarce on your blog and I apologize.  When I get a chance to comment I end up going through my reader very quickly--and for some reason your posts don't show up there.  It's like the reader doesn't know I follow you.  My excuse is a bad one.  I'm currently handling the workload of 5 people--but 2 of them didn't do very much, so I'm really only doing the work of 3 people.  That should be easy for me. ;P

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

It's nice to have a catching-up session with a friend.

I think I've never drank hot chocolate in my life! lol. We have a similar drink known as Milo here, I wonder if it's available in Germany?

Harmony Cloud hat gesagt…

It looks like fun! That hot chocolate looks yummy! I recently bought some hot chocolate powder and I am using marshmallow topping :P. I still have one more midterm tomorrow...then after the fun will begin for me too! 
I hope your weekend will turn out great too with your friend! ^_^ 

PrincessRyo hat gesagt…

The irish coffee looks really good! And now, I want hot chocolate~ great you saw her again and you meet each other more often! <3

Shou hat gesagt…

oooh ich möchte auch schokolade trinken *///*
aww freu mich auf den japantag :3 hoffentlich sehen wir uns^^
*bussi*<3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh I so love them, too!! Can't wait to try out Baskin Robbins, Hägen Dasz and Ben&Jerry's in NYC this winter!! (Well, I've tired all those before in Tokyo, but not in the stores itself, hahaha) I prefer ice-cream to chocolate if I'm honest XD

Hot chocolate is so yummy! And a good one never makes me feel sick afterwards, I've had countless bad ones already, lol. I also don't drink coffee, but somtimes those Espresso-Mix drinks like Macchiato, Mocca etc.

Oh no, don't apologize! It is not your fault, rather mine cause I don't post usually and chaned the url... It is so weird it doesn't show up in your dashboard? Even not if you change the url on the add button of the dashboard manually?? Hmmm...

Too much work, somewhere I've heard that, too, lol. I also have to do too much, but luckily in two weeks two part timers will come and back me up ;) Don't overwork my dear friend! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ohh, I love chatting I could do that for hours and hours!! Even on different languages, if the person is interesting you'll talk for hours, lol.

You have never drank any hot chocolate in your life?? Impossible XDD Even in hot Singapore there must be hot chocolate ;))) Oh I'd love to try out new drinks and food, so should I be in Singapore, please come and drink Milo with me! I think it is not avaiable in Germany!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh it was so much fun to just do something "normal" besides work, haha. I just wonder how I will survive the working years until I'm 67 and finally retire, lol

Wow, Marshmellow Topping sounds great!! is it a special topping or just normal marschmellows you put on? I've gotta try that, too!! <3

Good luck with your last midterm, so let the fun begin!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ya, it was super yummy and such a cozy atmosphere to see a familar face XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Wir werden noch jede Menge Gelegenheit haben zusammen Shoki zu trinken!! Jetzt wo du hier wohnst!! Ich schreib dir gleich mal bei fb wgen morgen, ich freu mich schon euch alle zu sehen! XDD

Harmony Cloud hat gesagt…

LOL I just want to get through graduate school I can't even think about work at this point ><;;

They sell in the supermarket hot chocolate with little marshmallows but i'm cheap so I just make my own and buy a bag of marshmallows and put them in while the hot chocolate is still really hot and let them melt inside and it is realllly yummy <3 

みか☆ちゃん hat gesagt…

OMG that Irish coffee looks divine! I would love some! * o * I was so surprised at how strong Dutch coffee was when I was in the Netherlands. It beats ANY coffee here in the US! 

Aww love your lil alpaca! :)

bangbangsheshoots hat gesagt…

I drooled over your hot choc! It's the perfect season for that XD

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

Milo comes in packet form (powder) and is widely available in supermarkets here. It's like a comfort drink for us xD
Yes we definitely have to meet if you're in Singpapore!

Kommentar veröffentlichen