Samstag, 27. November 2010

Weekend in Tokyo

Hello, how are you? I hope you're doing fine, I had a busy but funny day! It started very early, I cleaned the apartment, and went to my next job interview. It was in an Izakaya which is located at the 44th floor of a huuuge building next to the Tokyo Metropolitan Goverment office, the view from there was so great! :-) Anyway, the boss was very nice, but told me that work in an Izakaya can be very hard and tiring, so I actually don't think I get the job, but he said he'll call me back in a few days. Let's see. Actually I like the restaurant in Roppingi from my last job interview last Thursday better anyway :-)

Then I met up with Charlotte for lunch and Purikura in Shinjuku, since I was there anyway. Have a look at our cute Purikura!


This time I downloaded the high quality version from my cellphone :-) And yeah, I am that short, haha!

I went to the check-out of my room in the guesthouse after that, and the guy who picked me up was a nice Danish guy, who is also doing Working Holiday in Japan! We had a nice chat during the car drive to the guesthouse company, and I asked for his number. Maybe we can go and have a drink somewhere, I thought it can't be too bad to know people here in Tokyo.

After that I got to meet the lovely Lou again!!!! :-))) It was soooo great to see her again, since she is such a cute and likeable girl. I love to spend time with her! We had a snack at MacDonalds, went to Game Centers again, did Purikura and had a yummy dinner at Saizeriya. I have become addicted to that restaurant chain ever since starting to live in Tokyo. Have some fotos of the day!

 Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office Building. I went to the free observatory platform last year.

 Lou was looking so cute today!

 Fuzzy Gloomy Bear! Lou managed to get the pink one for her little sis!

 Lou at work :-)

I had to think of Hana when I saw those debu neko! Lou tried to catch that one, but seemed we were not so lucky today :-)

 Christmas Illumination ain Kabuki-cho (Shinjuku)

Sorry for the blurriness!

Last but not least one of our purikura!

Thanks to Lou who spent the afternoon with me and thanks for that new phone strap you got me from the Ufos, that was so kind! 

46 Kommentare:

SavingCapulet hat gesagt…

uh yikes! that's a huge building! o.o I'd be scared to work in there! you lovelies look super cute and awesome <3 Right now, staring at the fuzzy gloomybears, me wants to commit a crime, break glass, steal all! lol jk! xDD and I caught sight of lou's white foxtail!! so cute!

Sara Mari hat gesagt…

Hmm, it's not so nice to hear the employer say "This is a very hard job" during the interview, it seems like they are saying "This is too hard for you" >< Which doesn't make sense why he would say that to you since you already have experience working in a Japanese restaurant XP

Oh is this the Charlotte that is your roommate? I like your puri together because she has long light hair, you have shorter dark hair and you both have monotone outfits! It looks really nice!

Wow those fuzzy Gloomy Bears are toooo adorable!! I might have had to waste money on them if I was there XD Lou seems so nice, I'm glad you guys could meet and become friends in Japan!!

Michelle-esque hat gesagt…

AHH! Gloomy bears! I want one now! Hahahaha :) You're so pretty! I know I keep saying this, but it's true! ^___^ I hope the job isn't as difficult as that person said it was :|

agnes hat gesagt…

Ich war auch immer ein Stammgast im Saizeriya^^Komischerweise gibts in Sapporo nur ein Saizeriya dass ich kenn, und das ist auch no ziemlich weit weg von der Innenstadt.
Die Weihnachtsbeleuchtung in Japan is ja mal immer so der Hammer!!! Da könnten se sich in Deutschland
mal n Beispiel dran nehmen!
Drück dir ganz fest die Daumen, dass es mit dem Job klappt!!! Tschakka!!! Wir schaffen das!!

Thy hat gesagt…

you are so lucky that you are in Japan =O

r u s s hat gesagt…

Is Purikura similar to NeoPrints? I'm curious :)
Japan is really lovely, keep the photos coming.
ruuussso.blogspot.com

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

The fuzzy Gloomy Bears are adorable, especially the white and brown ones!
It's nice to look at your purikura in the blog posts. I only take purikura once in awhile, probably once or twice a year only! Lol.

Do you frequent Shinjuku alot? I often see photos of it in your posts. Haha ^^

Exotic Japan hat gesagt…

that is great that through blogging you have so many nice friends to meet here, and I hope that Roppongi job works out. :-)

Exotic Japan hat gesagt…

P.S. You guys look cute in those purikura. I went to Charlotte's blog, but it won't let me comment. I wonder if there is something wrong with the commenting system on her blog or if I'm doing something wrong?

Mutsumi hat gesagt…

Ich hoff du bekommst bald ne Zusage ♥

Lou scheint ja echt n Ufo-Catcher Profi zu sein xDDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

It actually wasn't the buliding I had the interview at, mine has just 44 floors, hahaha! The government office must have like 70 or so :-)

The gloomys were like: Try to catch me, try to catch me all the time, and Lou was really lucky to get one of those! I'd also like to steal one, but Im afraid I will be deported back to Germany then, haha!

Thank you for liking the purikura, I think everyone will look good in that machine, lol.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, I also had the feeling that even though the boss was nice, that he thinks that I'm not good enough or something like that. Anyways, I hope I can work in the one in Roppongi then, since my trial day is next Tuesday, and the people there seemed nice, too.

Jep, that's Charlotte, my roommate. Her hair is really long, even without extensions. With it would have been much longer, haha! And thanks for liking pur purikura, everyone looks good on them, so :-)

Yeah, we should have a meet-up together with Lou, too, so she can help you getting one of those!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Do you also like the gloomy bear?? Actually I prefer Rilakkuma to Gloomy, but it is cute anyway :-)

Oh, thank you, I don't think I'm too pretty, just normal :-) I don't use too much make-up and hardly dress up, hahaha!

Let's hope I'll get a call! :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, Saizeriya ist einfach toll, es gibt dort tolle Preise und sehr leckeres Essen :-) Ich werde da bestimmt noch des öfteren reinschneien und Stammkunde werden. Es gibt bestimmt mehr Saizeriya in Sapporo, die du noch nicht gefunden hast! :-)

Die Beleuchtung ist echt um einiges Schönes als zu Hause, aber trotzdem kommt bei mir so gar kein Weihnachtsfeeling auf, hoffe das kommt noch!

Ja, wir schaffen das schon!! Irgendwas wird sich finden lassen! :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, I am, it is not always so wonderful but I'm really happy to be here again!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

What are Neo Prints? Never heard of them! :-( Purikura are mini sticker fotos which you can take in various machines here in Japan. You choose the light, the background etc, decorate them with a lot stamps or write something on them and print it out.

Tokyo is a fascinating city, and sure, I'll post more fotos :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Gloomy is cute, right? But I still prefer Rilakkuma!! :-) Back home I also hardly do purikura, but while staying in Japan I always make some, cause they are a great memory for later. I collect them in my sticker album to look back at later.

Yea, I'd say I go there often, cause it is near where I live. We have almost everything here in Ikebukuro, too, but it's nice to go to some other parts of Tokyo too once in a while :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you!! I also went to Charlotte's blog a sec ago and tried to comment, but it did not work for me either. I'll tell her later! :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I really hope so, too, cause Roppongi is a nice place in Tokyo :-)

Yeah, I'm really lucky to know that many cool bloggers here in Tokyo. I wish I could meet them everyday, lol.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ich hoffe es auch, so langsam geht's Geld aus, hehehe!

Und ja, sie ist echt gut! Nur hatte sie gestern nicht soviel Glück wie beim letzten Mal! Was sehr schade ist!

Exotic Japan hat gesagt…

Thanks. glad it is not just me :-)

MsMoon hat gesagt…

hi! found ur bloggie thru FINDING TOKYO ^^v
looks fun! ^^v hope u enjoy japan! ^^v

huongiee hat gesagt…

aww so cuteee ^__^ the debu neko looks so nice to hug :P

HappyBerry hat gesagt…

So cute photos! Really lovely <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hi there!! Thanks for follwing! Yeah, Hana's blog is quite popular, and since she mentioned me on her last post of our meet-up, I hope many people know me, too, lol.

I'm definitely enjyoing being in Tokyo again, though it is not so easy sometimes, haha!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you!! The debu neko is sooo cute, and I really wanna have one!! hope I can get one before I leave, hahaha!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you so much! Also for your first comment and for following my blog. Hope you'll enjoy reading!

Kirin hat gesagt…

Hi Thanh Thao,
Cute purikura you keep taking with your friends! It's nice you have so many friends in Tokyo already. When I was doing working holiday, I knew nobody except for one of relatives but I didn't see her before I met her in Australia~~.

Hope you get a job soon. Be confident on your Japanese~~! Ganbatte~~~^ ^

Katharina hat gesagt…

Aah, soviele schöne Plüschtiere in diesen Ufo Catchern! Ich glaube ich könnte da nicht dran vorbeigehen. Dabei habe ich garkeinen Platz in meinem Zimmer für mehr Plüschtiere ;D

Ich war ja dieses Wochenende in Frankfurt und ich bin total platt! Habe alles genauere in meinem Livejournal geschrieben :> Ich bin sooo froh wenn der November vorbei ist, dann habe ich wieder ein Leben! Dann werd ich auch wohl öfter deinen Blog lesen können...

Audrey (hkittygirl) hat gesagt…

I love your purikura! You always decorate them so cutely. When I go with my friends, we always end up doing funny! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you Kirin!! I'd love to do some purikura with you again but next time without the dekame version, hahaha! We choose natural eyes then! XD I'm really glad to know so many bloggers who are also in Tokyo at this moment. But most of them are international friends, with whom I speak English all the time. It is fun too but I actually I would like to have more japanese friends, hahaha! Well, I should be happy I know that many people here, so I had better not complain XD

Yeah, I hope my trial day will be fine tomorrow! I'll post about it later! :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Es gibt gerade unglaublich viele süße Plushies in den Ufos!! Du musst unbedingt mal mit uns spielen, ich denke du bekommst auch jede Menge Tiere raus! :-)) Und im Februar liegen bestimmt viele Valentins-Goodies drin :-)

Ohhh, ich werde es mir mal durchlesen! Es war bestimmt total gut, oder?? Du hast bestimmt einen tollen Vortrag geliefert, da bin ich mir sooo sicher! Im Dezember wird dann alles etwas ruhiger, ne! Jetzt wo es auf Weihnachten zugeht, muss ich oft an zu Hause denken... was möchtest du als Weihnachstgeschenk? <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Aww, thank you!! :-)) I actually don't think I decorate them too cute, cause the japanese girls are much more better! I'm just putting the stamps randomly on the purikura, hahaha! It is so lovely to spend time with friends, right?

Conshi hat gesagt…

oh wie schön die lichter sind. ich muss auch unbedingt mal zur vorweihnachtszeit nach japan. das sieht so toll aus :) ist es denn schon doll kalt bei euch?

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey, also von den Beleuchtungen und Dekorationen her ist es hier fast schöner als bei uns in Deutschland :-) Teotzdem kommt bei mir noch so gar keine Weihnachtsstimmung auf :-( Es ist gar nicht kalt hier, vorgestern war ich um 22 Uhr abends noich draußen und es waren 13 Grad, hahaha! Wen ich dann Geschichten von zu Hause höre, wir frieren so und es schneit, kann ich nur schmunzeln, hihi.

bangbangsheshoots hat gesagt…

Hi Thanh, sorry I've been out of touch although I have reading your posts.

Are you fluent in English because I would recommend you a teaching job... but I will you more personally about that. I am leaving on 22nd Dec for UK. I hope I can catch you!

It looks like you've settle in Tokyo now! what are you xmas plans? Take care it's getting colder these days!

Naka hat gesagt…

hello ^^ i love the puri kura sorry i havent visited in a while! I have ur letter ready but i havent been able to get to the post office because of the snow. Germany was great!

ベーサ hat gesagt…

What a lovely weekend in Tokyo! ^^
I love purikura and yours are so cute!

I hope you'll get the job you wanted and not the other one... not so nice -__-

xoxo

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey Nic, nice to hear from you again!! :-) And that's no problem, since you were reading :-)

Really, you'd recommend me?? Thanks! That would be so helpful! I've already considered going to the Working Holiday Makers Office to look for further jobs, thanks for your kind offer. I emailed you already.

I really hope to see you before you return to the UK for Christmas! And about my X-Mas plans, Im not even sure yet, hahaha! Maybe I'll get one of those cakes and eat it with friends :-)

Take care, too!!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thanks!! Nice to hear from you again! :-)) Really, you have a letter for me?? That's so great, thanks! I'm looking so much forward :-) I'm glad you had such fun in Germany, too bad I wasn't at home!! Have a safe journey to Hong Kong! I'm going to send you a New Year's card!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hi there!! It is your first comment on my blog, right? Thanks!!

Yeah, Purikura are lovely, right? I could make purikura all day! But then I'd be poor, lol.

I really hope to get a job soon :-))

Rick hat gesagt…

What a great weekend! I'm proud you asked the guy for his phone number. =)

It's a deal, we'll both sing!!!

Kerstinkerler hat gesagt…

Hey Than-Thao~~
ich hab jetzt auch hier nen Blog~~^^
Und da folge ich dir doch auch gleich mal~~^___-
Liebe Grüße!!

ベーサ hat gesagt…

Yes, it was my first comment here, I decided not to be so shy! ^__^

Keep us updated, I like reading your blog! :-)
xo

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, and it was so easy! Let's hope I can meet up with him for a drink or something like that! :-)

Really?? I take you by your word, Rick! XDD Lol, now I wished I hadn't asked for us both to sing, it will become very embarrasing! :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Das ist ja toll, ich hab dich auch schon gefollowed! :-) Agnes hat übrigens auch einen Blog hier, du musst sie adden :-)

Kommentar veröffentlichen