Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010

About Snail Mail and Sara Mari's Giveaway

Hello everyone, are you doing fine? I'm okay, it has become so hot lately in Germany, and my room is like an oven, so I can't use the Net that often, and I usually spend my time in the living room. Part time jobs are really exhausting atm, specially with this weather outside, but I'll give my best again. At least my restaurant shift changed from 18 to 19 o' clock, so that leaves me time to watch soccer today. It's Japan vs. Paraguay today!

I was surprised as I opened my dashboard today to see that I've got 193 followers! What?? I can't believe it. Is it only because I hold a giveaway or could it really be that people actually really like my blog and what I post about?? That makes me really happy, thank you, readers!!

Today I wanna write about snail mail. Do you also like snail mail as much as I do?? I've been writing letters since I started learning to write, so that's over 17 years ago, hahaha! I am the self proclaimed expert on writing cute and (hopefully interesting) letters, and I wanna show you why :-) I love snail mail so much, most of my salary goes into that. No, kidding, I'm saving my hard earned money for my WH in Japan. XD

In our times of electronic communication, a handwritten letter is something special right? I love the feeling when I open my post box to see a letter for me inside, expected or unexpected doesn't matter. Sometimes a few lines from people you love or adore can really make your day. Okay, let the fotos speak!

Here are some of the letters I received from friends within the years (I own some more boxes full of letters :-)

Here you see some standard stuff I use for writing letters, glue stick, scissors, cute tape, loads of pens and colours, ink, etc.

Cute stationary (I used to own LOTS of more, but since I'm writing quite much, it's used up very soon. I'll pick up new ones once I'm in Tokyo again :-)

Same goes for stickers, I had tons of it! This is really a very small amount, just a hand full :) I really love decorating letters with stickers.

My collection of Shitakjiki!! You put it between the papers you write to avoid traces on the next paper.

And finally, this is how my desk looks like when I write, next to me is always my Care Bear agenda, to check up what happend the last couple of days and to probably write about it! XD

Here are some finished results without stamp, though. Sorry I had to censor the foto to protect the addresses privacy :)

I hope you got a good impression of how my hobby is like. It takes a while to write, though, but if you know there will be a happy person smiling while reading your words, it is really worth it. 

Oh, last but not least, enter one of my best Net friends Sara Mari's great Pack Your Bag's Giveaway!!! There are great prizes to win!


Did I already tell you I'll skip universtiy today?? It is too hot and I have to work in the late evening, so I better get some rest, hahahaha! See you next post!

41 Kommentare:

lacosta hat gesagt…

awww~ ich finde die idee toll, über deine snail mail erlebnisse und gewohnheiten zu schreiben... ich hatte früher mal extrem viele brieffreunde... die meisten sind inzwischen zu mailfreunden geworden... aber irgendwie vermisse ich das fröhliche briefe schreiben ^_^

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

I love receiving snail mail too! I usually receive Christmas cards from my friends and it's so heartwarming to see their handwritten messages.

Saving Capulet hat gesagt…

this jas got to me one of my most favorte posts ever!! i love stationery things!!! and yours are just too cute! it makes me want to collect fancy papers again!

littledemonpixie hat gesagt…

I have found another person who shares my love for letter writing!!!! I love to write letters and some of your photos (like how your desk looks) are rather similar to what mine looks like!

I agree about something special in a letter!!! Its so wonderful to pull them out and read them over and over!

Speaking of which I'm off to write a couple of letters now!

Let me know if you need a new pen pal!!!

Unknown hat gesagt…

Of course we love your blog. :-) And this is a great post. It is so sad that most people (me included) don't write paper letters anymore. You are right that it is nice to have that physical object you can take out at a later time to look at. :-)

Miruku hat gesagt…

I truly love your blog! Now the match has gone to penalties...so exciting!

sophie-cat hat gesagt…

I found your blog from your giveaway... but I really love it! :3
I wanna start writing actual letters to people on cute paper.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I've tried having pen pals but everyone thus far has suddenly stopped writing to me (well, except for one girl who I forgot to mail back and I felt really bad about! I did mail her eventually but it took me awhile). I sort of gave up on pen pals because I think my letters must suck since everyone stops writing to me haha

Bianca hat gesagt…

I skip class all the time (I'm a terrible person, haha) and I've gotten straight A's consistently haha!

I love your bloggy and you have such a cute hobby I WANNA BE PEN PALS XD

Anonym hat gesagt…

Ich liebe Briefe, deine sehen ziemlich niedlich aus. ♥ Ich würde auch gerne einen Brief von dir bekommen und dir einen schreiben.

Was hälst du davon?

Schreib mir doch eine Email an undead13@live.de ♥

Rena hat gesagt…

Ahhh! I love this post! No wonder why my snail mail from you was sooo cute! You have all the accessories and its a hobby of yours! haha I really like the cute tapes! I kind of had a stationary collection but stopped buying them since they were too cute to use...but the other day I saw some mini Hello Kitty ones and I'm still wondering if I should get them! Ohhh! I think I might as well send YOU some snail mail! 8)

I just wished there were a greater variety of stationeries in the US! Plus, it will help the postal delivery cope in this kind of economy! I've been reading about post offices closing and such lately...8(

LOL Have a good nap then!

<33 Rena

Unknown hat gesagt…

you own such cute things! i love cute stuff ^^ >< aww. so many letters. it'd be so so lovely to read them after a few years later.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Awwww~ was für ein süsses Hobby!! :3
Es ist schon so lange her, seitdem ich einen Brief geschrieben habe. Evtl. sollte ich damit wieder anfangen...? *haha

Ja, es ist so warm~~~
Ich habe meist auch keine Lust mehr zur Uni zu gehen, weil viele Räume auch einfach nur zu stickig sind und da gerade Bauarbeiten sind, ist es auch noch so laut und das stresst gleich doppelt. =_=

Ricademus hat gesagt…

I'm only here for the cheesecake!!! LOL, of course you have a great blog. =)

I'm terrible at writing letters, so I'm a little surprised I remember to comment.

Sanna hat gesagt…

Lovely! When I read this entry, I got enthusiastic about writing a letter... <3 I love letters, but I'm a little bit lazy to do them :<

Hello Naka hat gesagt…

i love letters :3 I have a schedules about it tehe and i love cute stationary ^^

Sara Mari hat gesagt…

Oh this post makes me feel guilty since I haven't gotten around to sending you a snail mail letter. I gotta get my stuff together!

All your letter writing materials are so cute! It's like you are a letter writing professional! You are really cute~^^/

Thank you for mentioning my giveaway, you are so kind, I hope you have good luck!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com hat gesagt…

omg so much kawaii stuff! snail mail is great :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

oh this post is lovely :D
all your stuff is super cute~ really love letters ^^

Shana hat gesagt…

... my comment disappeared, and I'm really mad about this. u____u

I was saying... many of my beloved friends live far away from me - and we all live em Brazil! My best friend - who I knew in a web chat when I was 11 years old - lives on Curitiba, another state, 500km from where I live (do you use km in Germany? I don't know! ;w;). We loooove each other very much, even with the distance! =3
I love to exchange letters and cards with my friends, especially in christmas! It's sooo nice! I also take pictures of every single one and posted it on my blog. So lovely! ♥

I loved your post, and your cute things! I hope I can have this much letters from my friends one day too!
Kisses! =*

A hat gesagt…

Aww, I used to have a penpal from Japan. But one day she just stopped writing! I think it was that she may have moved or changed address or something. But I still have her letters and they makes me smile and still a little sad when I look at them. :P

I've tried to get another penpal, but at 21, I don't think as many girls are interested in being snail mail penpals...

megan hat gesagt…

I love getting things in the mail! It's so nice to get letters and things.
Your collection is very cute!

Unknown hat gesagt…

wow. i think you're right. watching soccer games is so interesting! sadly our national team didn't make it to the semi finals. the never did anyway, lol. although i don't watch 24,, i watch gossip girl and 90210, also vampire diaries, you know what? TV is another kind best friend. :))

follow me?
Lovely Curse

Valerie hat gesagt…

ooh I like writing letters too ^^ Wow, look at all that cute paper and those cute stickers!

OSG hat gesagt…

Wow! So many cute stationary sets! Meep! Too cute :)

Polly hat gesagt…

I love writing letters and having penpals...in fact, would you be interested in writing to me? I also love Japan so we would have that in common to start with.

Shmuberry hat gesagt…

I LOOOOOOVE snail mail! I have a penpal in Osaka but unfortunately, lately she hasn't been able to write much. We've been sending each other letters for almost 4 years now ^^ If you don't min having a new penpal~ let me know!!

Ken hat gesagt…

it's like a lost art

no one write hand messages anymore

Shop N' Chomp hat gesagt…

Hee hee...you have such cute stationary and stickers! There was a time not long ago when I used to collect these things too. *^_^* You have a lovely collection!

Ken hat gesagt…

i had better luck today, thanks!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com hat gesagt…

hehe thank you! yaaa because steph only lives 2 states over, i guess it didn't cost that much for a light package. i remember when someone else mailed me some lotions and nail polish, it cost $10 o_O and that's from not even the other side of the country.

i'm sorry your postage is so expensive!

Unknown hat gesagt…

Let's hope more people get back to the snail mail. It's so nice to receive something through the post.You certainly make letter writing an art:)

Anonym hat gesagt…

lass uns mal briefe schreiben ... ich mach das doch auch so gern *lach* bin nicht ganz so experte wie du glaub ich, aber hab auch ne box voll mit gesammelten briefen über die jahre

und du hattest mir ne sms geschrieben ... atm spinnt mein handy, hab mehrmals versucht zu antworten aber sms is sone sache damit >.< als ich versuchte anzurufen ging keiner ran
ich will noch immer nach jp, nur bei mir siehts momentan mit geld noch viel schlimmer aus als bei dir und hier in berlin atm leider auch mit job (also ich kann was in der innenstadt haben, aber da zahl ich zum hinkommen die hälfte von dem was ich pro monat verdienen würd oderso) un daher weiß ich nicht mehr wann was klappt -.- alles nich prickelnd
bin ende des monats in ddorf, maybe sieht man sich mal? ^^

PrincessRuki hat gesagt…

Ja ich fand meine Katze vorhin einfach zuniedlich wie sie da lag, da musste ich sie mal fotografieren^^

Ja Strand war super und wetter war herrlich<3

Awww**
Dankeschön >////<

Elley Otter hat gesagt…

What a wonderful hobby to have! I have had a few penpals in the past, a few girls from Germany (like you!!) and one from Japan. We always lost contact after a while, though, as the time between letters grew and grew. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with that sort of relationship.

How many penpals do you currently have? I really admire that you have such a great and wonderful hobby!

Elley Otter hat gesagt…

ALSO, I wanted to say that I love reading your blog!! Congrats on having so many followers who all love your great blog!

Also, I have a love of paper (I know, I'm weird!), so I can understand a love of pen-pals and letter-writing. It's so great to have a good excuse to buy such cute stationary and stickers! When pen-palling, I always feel like I don't have much to offer because most cute stationary I use is imported from Japan (which costs SO MUCH sometimes!), though I can occasionally find cute Care Bears or Strawberry Shortcake stationary here in the US to use. <3

Eloisa hat gesagt…

Oh, i love writing letters! Do send me one too! :-)

Mari hat gesagt…

Yes, the feeling of receiving a letter is super special!
I really wish more people would write letters!

MissTreat hat gesagt…

I LOVE the Care Bears deco tape! You have an amazing collection! I'm trying to get into the letter-writing hobby...

Ribbonlicious hat gesagt…

I love writting letters, the stationary are pretty cute!! x33 ~
I would love to be your penpal! :D

littledemonpixie hat gesagt…

I have found another person who shares my love for letter writing!!!! I love to write letters and some of your photos (like how your desk looks) are rather similar to what mine looks like!

I agree about something special in a letter!!! Its so wonderful to pull them out and read them over and over!

Speaking of which I'm off to write a couple of letters now!

Let me know if you need a new pen pal!!!

Kommentar veröffentlichen