Montag, 2. Januar 2012

Day 8 in NYC: Midtown and Top of the Rock Observation Deck (heavy picture spam)

Hi friends, hope you did have a good start into the new year? Mine was so unspectactular and boring, hahaha! I belong to the few existing persons who actually hate Silvester, but that does not mean I don't grant everyone their parties and celebrations! :) Anyway, I'm so looking forward to 2012 and what adventures it may bring to us all. 
And to start this year new I want to be a good blogger, since I still have some things to blog about, even though they are weeks behind. Sorry to be so late, but here is my travel write-up from my day 8 in New York! Ohh, looking back at these pictures makes me wanna go back immediately so bad! XD

Day 8 began with a lunch at our favourite Ramen-Ya in West 52 Street! We've been there so often the people working there remembered us, lol! Then we went to Union Square, to Barnes and Nobles bookstore, saw the Empire State, the Flatiron, then went to Rockefeller Center to visit the observation deck, walked down 5 Avenue, saw Apple Store, FAO Schwartz and Sanrio Store at Times Square! I think we must have walked like 20 km that day, hahaha. I was so tired at the end of the day, but it was totally worth it! Have some fotos!

On our way to 52 Street, I love the yellow school busses and the emergency exits stairs, it is so new yorkish, lol.

Here it is our fav Ramen-Ya, Toto Ramen, it is a very small but authentic japanese style eating experience! I really recommend it if you are in New York!

Me in front of Barnes and Nobles Bookstore at Union Square! I really love bookstores, could spend hours in them browsing the stuff! I'm a huge fan of stationary and notebooks, they had real leather bound notbooks there which I wanted to have so badly, hahaha!

With the obligatory Starbucks to go on our way to Midtown! Of course it was Matcha Frapuchino!

The Empire State Building!! It was friggin' huge XDD

The Flatiron Building which was also amazing, cause it really was so flat, hahaha!

Just have to love this scenery!

I love such towers with clocks on it! :)

Here you can see where the Flatiron got it's name from!

Me in Madison Square Park, it was such a tiny but nice park!

  M&M World, and in the background you can see the big Herhey store, which I love so much!

On our way to Rockefeller Plaza, there were beautiful Christmas illumintaions everywhere!

It looks so more cooler when everything is dark in NY!

A blurry pic from me in front of the most famous Christmas Tree of the world I guess!

Rockefeller Plaza is so lovely, definitely one of my fav places in NY!

Christmas illuminations are pure <3

Here it is, the super famous and super huge Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Plaza

Ice-skating underneath the tree!

Our tickets for the observation deck! We saved 4 Dollars cause we had a voucher from the hotel XD

People lining up for the elevator...

...to see this!!!

I guess this view was worth the trip!

Now I can see why this is one of most amazing cities of the world!

Sorry the light was so bad, it was totally dark on Top!

The field in the background where there are no more buildings is Central Park!

One of the reasons we chose Rockefeller Plaza as observation deck was to see the Empire State building! And it is cheaper than the one at Empire State! XDD


Bro and me! I just like the pictures so I thought why not post them! You hardly see pics of my family ;)

Because we saved 4 Dollars we decided to invest it in ice-cream, lol!!! There was a  Ben and Jerry's in the basement of Rockefeller Plaza, we chose American Cone and New York Super Fudge! Super yummy!!!

I love this pic so much! Reminds me of the one from Scarlett Johannson in "Lost in Translation", looking out of her window in Tokyo and seeing a similar scenery!

My humble self...

We did eat the ice-cream outside, we are so hardcore! My fingers were icy, but still I was not cold, hahaha

Radio City Hall at night!

The famous cubus Apple Store at Fifth Avenue

FAO Schwartz, the famous toy store right next to apple Store! I should have asked the doorman for a foto as well!

The Plaza Hotel, it is my dream to stay in this hotel ever since I watched "Alone Again 2". Someday, I will stay there at least for one night! 

Then we went to Sanrio Store at Times Square, I love this store sooo much!!

Look at their wonderful and cute window decoration!! A huge Christmas Kitty!

Here you see a very happy me, with a lot of shopping bags!! 


Wow, that was a lot of pictures, I had some problems with Blogger while uploading them, and in the end I had to upload every sinlgle foto one at one time, and I spend hours on that... Maybe I should have splitted this post in two parts, but anyways! Hope you enjoyed them as much I do! Now I'm back to work, hahaha!

30 Kommentare:

suzu hat gesagt…

Wooooow ! Ich will auch unbedingt nach New York ! So tolle Bilder !
Mich würde es interessieren was du für den flug und hotel bezahlt hast. ich hab davon überhaupt keine ahnung. ich war noch nie im urlaub ( ausland) 
Und bitte zeig deine Shoppingausbeute *_*

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

Thanks for spending the time painstakingly uploading the photos individually so we can all enjoy them! ^^

Everything look so huge and fantastic in NYC!

I like your red coat! I'm dreaming of the day where I can dressed in winter wear, go shopping the whole day long without soaking in sweat xD

Shou hat gesagt…

omg was für wunderschöne bilder!!! (*_*) vor allem die aussicht auf new york! ich muss auch mal dahin XDD
wunderschön!^^ die gebäude sehen auch toll uas, so riesig *0*
freu mich auf morgen :3

☆ ♪KAWAiiRiBBON♪ ☆ hat gesagt…

Wow!!!! Die Bilder sind der Hammer! Ich will.... nein ich MUSS dort auch hin dieses Jahr! *__* Machst du auch nen Post über deine Sachen, die du an dem Tag gekauft hast?

Unknown hat gesagt…

That's great that you got to experience seeing those places in NYC. It brings back a lot of good memories from when I lived there. Thanks for posting :-)

Mia hat gesagt…

Halluuu :)

Ich wollte dir noch alles Gute für das neue Jahr wünschen! :)
Hoffe du hattest eine schöne Party und dass das kommende Jahr nach deinen Vorstellungen verlaufen wird! ♥

SARA MARI hat gesagt…

Wow it's with the pictures from the top of the Rockefeller building that I could understand how huge NYC is haha, no wonder its always the top city in the world haha. I really like the illumination photos, I don't want to forget Christmas yet! We used to have an FAO toystore here in the Mall of America, and I'd go there looking for Sailor Moon dolls haha, sadly it closed some time ago so I'd love to see it again. And the Sanrio store, that would be extremely dangerous for me XD

Rick hat gesagt…

OMGoodness, you two really got around.  Did you happen to pass through Museum Mile on 5th Avenue?

Happy Berry hat gesagt…

Was für hübsche Bilder ♥ Und: ein gesundes neues Jahr wünsche ich dir! Ich mag Silvester auch nicht so gern. hab Angst vor den Knallern und verkrümel mich lieber immer in eine sichere Ecke :D Da ich dies Jahr, aber leider sowieso krank ins neue Jahr gestartet bin, konnte ich eh nichts großartig machen...
Liebe Grüße Happy Berry

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, kann ich jedem nur empfehlen, war eine wunderbare Erfahrung! Hat auch sooooo spaß gemacht dort ales zu endecken und erleben <3<3<3<3

Du warst noch noch nie im Ausland??? Wie kommts, einfach kein interesse oder bis jetzt nicht die Gelegenheit gehabt? Also mein Reisebudget war ca. 2000 Euro, 450 für Flug, ca 500 für Unterkunft und der Rest war zum Shoppen und Essen XDDDD

Ich werd einen Extra Post machen um die Gets zu zeigen wenn es euch alle so interessiert;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hahahaha you're welcome! I do everything for my beloved readers XDDDD

NYC was soooooo amazing, I would truely love to return someday, this time in summer, where hotels are much more cheaper!

Thanks! I like it pretty much, too, but lately it has not really been cold in Germany, so I didn't wear it. Hope it will become colder in February, lol. You just have to come to Euope if you wanna wear a coat while shopping, hahaha! But be aware the weather here really makes you depressive... XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, oder?? Man ist total fasziniert von dieser Ausicht, für die New Yorker ist das alles so normal, aber für uns Touris war es einfach nur toll!! <3

Okay, wir fahren mal dahin, aber erstmal fahren wir nach Tokyo!! war ja so ausgemacht! XDD

Danke, gestern war schön totz des miesen Wetters! :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Danke dir!! ;) Ja dann halt mal Auschau nach Flügen, die Lufthansa hat zwei mal im Jahr richtig gute Nordamerika-Angebote. Und Hotels auch frühzeitig reservieren, im Dezember ist Hauptreisezeit! Reicht aber wenn man das so im September/Oktober macht!

Es scheint euch wohl echt zu interessieren, also mach ich einen eigenen Post über die Gets aus NY ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hallo Mia!!! Vielen lieben Dank, das gleiche natürlich für dich auch! Wir sollten uns mal auf einen Kaffee treffen, hast du fb oder gibst du mir deine e-Mail?? Dann können wir ja was ausmachen ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, it is really amazing huge!! Specially for me, I grew up in a really small town in the countryside of Lower Saxony in Northern Germany and now I'm visiting World cities like NY or Tokyo XDDDD

Oh yeah, Sanrio is always dangerous for us, I did buy some stuff but no spontenous buys, I would have loved to safe all the plushies!! <3<3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Well, it was our pre-last day in NY and then we realized omg, there are still so many things we must see and do, hahahaha, so we had to stuff so many thing into one day.

Hmmm, Museum Mile?? Maybe we passed it but I didn't pay so much attention, bad me! But I saw other buildings which reminded me of museums a lot and of course I had to think about you then! :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Danke!! Und das wünsche ich dir natürlich auch!! Ich hoffe 2012 wird ein gutes Jahr für uns alle! XDD Oh nein, krank warst du? Hoffe es geht dir schon wieder besser! Ja Silvester wird generell nicht von mir gefeiert, da mein Neujahr erst Ende Januar ist (also da meine Mama aus Vietnam kommt feiert unsere Famile chinesisches Neujahr!)

Mia hat gesagt…

Klasse Idee!! :)

Ich habe dich mal auf FB gestalkt und dir eine Freundschaftseinladung geschickt! ;D

☆Cindii hat gesagt…

Wow that loks like so much fun!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Jaaaa, ich hab fb vor dem Blog gecheckt und nicht gerafft dass du die neue Freundschaftsanfrage warst ;) aber danke, hab dich gleich angenommen und freu mich auf ein baldiges Treffen! :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh yes, it definitely was!! ;)

Mimisa hat gesagt…

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanh! Sorry for don't write you T_T i feel so bad! Hope you have a great year!! ^^


My new year's eve wasn't too fantastic haha it was like other years but i don't know...somehow i felt that this beginning of the year was a bit boring as you said. But i went out that night of course. I enjoyed but not as much as i imagined.I always say i want to be a good blogger!! hahaha but lets see how this year goes ù___ú 

waaaaa so cuteee!! Love how you dressed!! You had so much fun, huh?? someday i would like to go there!! (when i have money xD) Ney York is the one city i would like to visit. At least the most that i am interested in haha 

You have to show us what you bought there!! :D
Kisses sweety ^^

monologue_de_chi hat gesagt…

ahhh ihr seht sooooo glücklich aus!!!!!

für illumination bin ich immer zu haben und die aussicht ist sooooo schön!! *__*

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Mimisa!! Thank you for your lovely comment!! :) You always leave the sweetest comments! I'm also sorry for not writing to you, I also wanted to send you a christmas card and everything but was too busy with my job... I want to catch up with you! :)

I'm doing fine! Hahahaha, this year I definitely wanna be a good blogger, let's see if I can keep it up! I'm glad to hear you went out on NYE, it was better than what I did, lol! Anyway, lets make the best out of 2012, and I definitely wanna try and visit you in Barcelona!!

New York was really such a good experience! I recommend it so much, you're gonna love it when you visit ;)

Oh, of course I wanna show you what I bought, I'm gonna make a gets post soon! ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Das waren wir auch!! Ich bin froh dass man das sieht, so glücklich sah ich das letzte Mal bestimmt in Tokyo aus, hahaha!

Irgendwann fahren wir mal zusammen, das wird soooo spaßig! aber erstmal zurück nach Toyko, was?? :))

Naka hat gesagt…

awh you look so cute ^^ ur hairs growing fast! or maybes thats just me thinking that. I wish my brother would take photos with me without me having to force him! I love your coat and the photos ^^ 

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Awww, thank you!!! Yes, my hair grows faster than grass, that is really surprising! I decided to let them grow for some more time and then I get a shortie again, hahaha! Oh I think my brother likes fotos, so he always asked to take a foto, lol!

shanjae hat gesagt…

Nice to see that you had a great time in NYC! Every corner of the city just seems so exciting. I so wanna visit it now! Hee~ Btw I totally love your red coat. So cute!! ^o^

monologue_de_chi hat gesagt…

Schön <3 Muss ja auch wiederkommen die gute Laune!

Jaaaaa~~~ erstmal Tokyo, dann die Welt! XD

Riechan hat gesagt…

I'm planning our trip at the moment but having a bit of trouble finding how much the cost is for the top of the rock observation desk, how much did you have to pay?

Kommentar veröffentlichen