Ever since I started blogging I've wanted to post about my favourite blogs, to introduce them to you if you don't know about them already. Some of my fav blogs are very well-known and popular with hundreds, if not thousands of followers, and some are unknown, but nevertheless fine and worth to read :-)
Honestly, when I started blogging back in Nov. 2009 I did it because I was inspired by blogs I read and admired. And at that time I didn't even dare to imagine that blogging would give me so many cool opportunities, new great friends and a possible sponsorship (I'll keep you updated). It's so awesome, when I think back that I started with 3 followers and posts which were so boring and now I have unbelievable 401 followers. I don't know what I did to get that many, but I'm thankful for every new reader I get.
2010 and this year I was so lucky to meet some of my fav bloggers in real life, and each time it was an inspiration. I felt like I met some VIP's. I just didn't asked for an autograph, lol. There are still a lot of bloggers I'd truly love to meet, but until then there wasn't just the chance to. I hope I can meet more in the near future.
Well, now to the blogs I really love and adore! They are in no particular order, and I'd love to mention every blog I read, but that would take a long time, so please don't be upset XD I also hope I found the right words to describe you and your blogs.
This was one of the first blogs I came in touch and fell in love with. The mastermind behind this genuine, lovely and fondly created blog is the charming lady Jenny. I Iove everything about this blog, the layout, the fotos, the fashion and beauty related posts, her writing style. She is practically sharing her life with the readers. Jenny's Blog is so popular, and if you read it you'll understand why. So if you don't know about her, please go and check out her blog! You'll be enchanted by this likable girl XD
How about doing some sushi crochet, Jenny? :) I just had to think of you when I saw this picture!
Moments Like Diamonds by Sara Mari (http://chouzuru.blogspot.com/)
Is there anybody who hasn't heard of Sara Mari? XD In my opinion she is one of the most popular and successful bloggers on blogspot, over 1500 followers can't lie :) Yeah, for me, there's a special connection with Sara Mari. Having become friends with her at Poupee Girl a long time ago we were one of each other's first followers at Blogger ;) I met her in person in December 2010 in Tokyo, and it was such an awesome funny day. She is lovely and everybody else who has met her will confirm that. She travels to Tokyo very often, and that makes her blog so interesting as she does a lot of live-blogging Tokyo-USA. Also, her blog includes a bunch of high-class fotos of Japan, fashion and food. Eyecandy! Her personal history is really amazing, and I so recommend you to follow the adventures of a young American girl who brings a bit of Tokyo to all of her readers.
Sara Mari and me in Shibuya January, 5 2011
The obligatory Purikura (Dec, 30 2010)
I hope to see you soon again!
Waiting for Wisdom by RicAdeMus aka Master Bug Killer (http://ricademus.blogspot.com/)
Rick is one of the few male bloggers I know, surprisingly most of the bloggers are female! XD When you see his blog for the first time you'll surely ask yourself why is it interesting? There are hardly pictures, too much text, it has a standard layout (dear Rick, please forgive me, this is no criticism, you know I love your blog to bits as it is now ;) But after some reading you'll realize that all of his posts are taken from his life, real experiences, true stories. Some with a moral at the end, stories from which you can learn. He is good in giving some fatherly advice. His sense of humour seems to be similar to mine, since he always manages to bring up a smile on my face in his posts, comments or e-mails. Thank you for being with me and my blog from the beginning on. Follow his blog, it's hard to find such good guys nowadays! But be aware that he's a happily taken married father to two children, so don't try anything suspicious, lol.
I'm dreaming of the day when we can share a piece of New York Cheese Cake, lol.
Finding Tokyo by Hana (http://www.hanalovely.com/)
Here is another well-known and very popular blog! Hana is a very fashionable young woman with a great insight about Japan, about life and work in Tokyo. Her blog is one of the most professional I've ever seen with high-class posts accompanied by great fotos and pictures about japanese fashion, life in Tokyo or Blogging in general. This high quality is also reflected in her writing style which is sophisticated but still readable, since a lot of her own opinion is expressed in her posts. I think I've once commented in one of her posts that "I'm really envious of her exciting life" and wished I had her life. I met her in Nov 2010 in Ikebukuro, my fav spot in Tokyo and place I lived. I highly recommend you to follow!
Hope to see you soon again whether in Tokyo or in the States XD
Sweet Milk Coffee by Shou-chan (http://suitomirukukoohii.blogspot.com/)
Again a fabulous blog by a fabulous young Lady! The writer Shou-chan is a cute and fashionable girl, just having finished her final exams at highschool. Soon she will move to Düsseldorf, to begin her studies at university. Then I hopefully can see her more often, since she has become a great and important friend to me. Her blog consists of lovely posts concerning all possible topics, from fashion to cooking recipes, from beauty advice and make-up reviews to music videos, from mag scans to everyday life rants. It is one of the most personal blogs I know with a wonderful variety of posts which makes reading and following so interesting. Let's join lovely Shou-chan on every new step in her steadily more exciting becoming life.
An old picture from our last meet-up in October 2010 before I left for WH in Tokyo
And a new one from April, 21 2011 (mobile pic)
Ephemeral by Design (former Exotic Japan Blog) by Tom and Sakie Gantz (http://www.ephemeralbydesignblog.com/)
Meet Tom and Sakie Gantz, a happily married American-Japanese international couple. Honestly, those two are so cute and lovely together and have such an interesting life one can really become envious XD They have been married for more than 20 years and have lived in so many different countries because of Tom's work. That's a life many people are dreaming of and I hope I am somewhere near having this life in 20 years, haha. Currently working and residing in sunny Singapore I was so lucky and thankful I could meet them while they were still living in Yokohama. The blog is lead by Tom who has a faible for taking fotos of weird or unusual things and partially edited with different i-phone applicatons XD I'm so sure you'll like his blog as well once you start following him :) If you know him in person even better. (And I just realized I don't have a picture of the three of us...please upload some, Tom so that I can steal them XD)
Instead have a picture of me with one of those lovely dove shaped cookies which were a gift from Sakie :-) I really hope to see both of you again somewhere on this planet XD
Wow, now I spent over two hours making this post hope you have fun reading and discovering your future favourite blogs!









13 Kommentare:
Yaaaay!!! I couldn't believe I made the list. You're a great blogger and very kind. We must have a similar sense of humor. because you make me smile all the time too. I'm glad you remember the cheesecake! =)
I've always been glad that I found your blog so soon after you started.
awww~ danke dass mein blog einer deiner lieblingsblog is*0* jetzt möchte ich das auch machen :3
du bist so süß und lieb^^
freu mich dich bald wieder zu sehen :3
You are so sweet and endearing in the way you write about your friends, thank you so much for including me. I am so glad we had that chance to meet in Tokyo after knowing each other for a long while, its not going to be the same there without you, but I can feel we will meet in real life again soon!
Awe thank you so much *0*!!!!! Hey, seriously, I suck at crochet! Haahaa. The most I can do is a few chains then it just fails. So I just use it to make Christmas stocking handles hahahaa, no amigurumi making for me!~~ My friend was kind to try to teach me though xDD!
Yeah of course I had to incude you in the list my dear friend XD I can only return the kind compliments to you. Now I wanna bake a cheesecake the next days :-)
Hope to be with your blog for a long time!
Jaaaa, natürlich musstest du mit auf die Liste XD Ich lesen deinen Blog so gerne!
Das nette Kompliment kann ich nur zurückgeben :) Ich freu mich auch schon dich! Bis bald!
Ah, Sara, you are so sweet yourself, I'm really glad we got to meet this year! Enjoy Tokyo for me! (and if you have time left send me a postcard!) XDD I'm already looking forward to see you the next time!
Hehe, you're welcome! I really love your blog, so it was must to have you in my list XD
Actually, I'm also not very good at crochet myself, I'm more the knitting type, haha! But I really wanna learn how to do amigurumi XD
Thanks so much for that. It was very sweet of you to write that. I'm very happy we could meet in Japan and that you still find the weird photos I post to be interesting, lol. I'll try to find one of the photos of the three of us and send to you. I might still have one posted to the old Exotic Japan blog, which is still there, but I just don't update it. http://www.exotic-japan.blogspot.com/
I looked at that post about the meetup with you and I and Sara Mari and Sakie and here is the link to the one photo with the three of you in it
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_u1r4kY-HnAw/TTBQNa_O2GI/AAAAAAAAQOg/Ul-NNOpSVBA/20101230_3145.jpg
If you want to modify this post, I guess you could use that photo or put the link to the post of that day
http://exotic-japan.blogspot.com/2011/01/meet-up-with-sara-mari-and-thanh-thao.html
Thanks again :-)
HAHA...so you are following 2 blogs with the name Jenny's Blog LOL
Yeah, I do!! What a coincidence!! XDD
Of course I had to mention you in my list of fav bloggers XDD I still love seeing all the pictures the post, so don't worry, I'll be a loyal follower for the rest of my life, lol.
Ah yes, if you don't have anything against that I'm gonna steal some pics from that day! Honeslty, I nearly started crying when I read the old post from that day. It was the end of December, I just got back from my job orientation day to see the three of you and I don't know just thinking back made me so sad, even though it was such a funny day ;__;
Btw, have you uploaded the fotos from our meetup with Meow in Yokohama? I'd like to have those as well :-) But take your time! Thank you so much!
Sure, use any photo you want :-) I can understand it making you sad since it was a fun time and you wanted to stay but you had to go back home. Hopefully you can go back again next year. Oh, yeah, I've just been too busy to work on normal posts like the Meow and you meetup. I've just been posting pics directly from the iPhone, but I'll try to get that Meow and you meetup pics up there.
Kommentar veröffentlichen