Hi friends, how was your weekend? I spent it with my friend back from school times, I had a lovely sleep-over with a lot of fun, good shows and yummy food! It felt good to not think about recent difficulties, hahaha! And now I finally found some time again to post for you!
Many of you surely were curious about my secret mission in Oberhausen! Well, I went there to get the newest version of the I-Pad, but nor for me, but for my brother, who wanted to go himself, but in the end couldn't because of a business trip, so I went instead! It was Release Day, so you can imagine the crowds!! Let the pictures speak!
My plans for battle! The day began early, at 5 am, as we expected crowds in front of the only Apple Store in our state...
This was when we arrived at 7:30 am, and we were at the end of the line, lol. You can't even see the entrance from here!
The line was long, I guess some several hundred people!
This is where we stood!
From the train station! Mostly it were man lining up, I was the only young girl, lol
Then the Apple Store staff came outside to greet the line!
Apple Store staff
The whole team!
Then the store manager gave us tickets for the product we wanted to purchase!
After waiting in line outside for about three hours I finally reached the inside! They only took like 10 people inside the store at once, so no chaos broke out! But everyone had a personal staff, the service was very good!
I can't believe there is only one Apple Store in the whole of Northrhine WestphaliaXD
In front of the store, where the groups of about 20 people were waiting :)
It was a crazy event, which I've never joined before, even though it was crowded, everyone knew how to behave and it was very civilized, the staff was very friendly! I was so tired when I returned home though, but my brother was happy to get his ipad on release day! XD
Then I can finally post the pictures from my meetup with Catrin, Anna and Ande two weeks ago, time flies!! Ande send me the pictures, so all credits to her, except the Puri which was a scan from Catrin! Enjoy! Check out the girls blogs to read more detailed information about that day :)
Lol, Ande made this foto from Catrin and me while we were walking down Immermannstraße, the japanese quarter of Düsseldorf! Catrin is super beautiful and so tall and I'm ridiculously tiny next to her! XD
Our Puris!!
My favourite Puri!!
Me, Catrin and Ande @ Tenten Coffee
Aren't we funny?? :)
Ande and me :)
Well, that was it for today, see you next post and enjoy the week!



20 Kommentare:
O(≧▽≦)O
Ahhh Thanh Thao ! You write such nice things ;; I was sure I scared you when we first met...
THAT LINE IS SO LONG. He better have given you a HUGE hug for doing that for him !!
well, in Oberhausen is probably we only direct Apple store but we also have got other Mac stores (like compustore, that's where I will get my ipad as I got "coupons" of it for my b'day). But I think I will get the old one for the cheaper price now and wait for a completely new ipad version as the differences are not too big right now. Well, we'll see :-)
wow OO;; krass die leute vor dem apple store OO; ich versteh den hype ja immer noch nicht XDD aber naja^^
die bilder sehen total toll aus und nach viel spaß^^ ich hätte auch mal wieder Lust, mich mit mehreren netten Leuten zu treffen, vll auch mal wieder karaoke :(
wow the ipad journey is epic! Actually my dad surprised me by getting the iphone 4s on the day it came out but he went at 3am and was 10th in line lol.
I have never waited in line to get an item, but I know there's so many big items that come out and lining up is par for the course. It seems Apple knows how to get the people into the store in an orderly fashion, no riots or such haha. But I couldn't wait so long in a line, just waiting an hour or so at Disneyland makes me so tired haha! It's great you could get the item you wanted, it must be an experience to wait in line then finally get the iPad, like an adventure XD
And seeing your meetup photos was so fun! I wish I was going out and meeting people, but since I got back to the US I have just been sitting at home :/
Sorry I haven't been commenting for the past couple of months, everything has just gone off the rails for me. It really means alot to me that you have continued to reply to my sparse blog posts. Though we don't have plans to go back to Japan, I hope we can still meetup someday again^^
Wow, that's cool. I didn't even know that Ipad 3 was released yet:/
The line is crazy! I can't imagine waiting for hours standing in the cold! Or is it not that cold since the Apple staff only had T-shirts on? Haha.
such a cute photos, you're a really sweet sister! i wouldnt jhave done that for my brothers!
Apple handled the crowd so well. We're not that civilized in the US. People get trampled too often just shopping. That may be why I don't get the urge to buy the latest gadget. I'm happy to be a year or 5 behind on technology.
Oh Ande, ist was so nice to see you here and no you did Not scare me XD
Well, he was very thankful when he got his iPad so I'm glad I could help! He borrowed me the iPad until next week so now I'm returning comments, and I must say it is not easy! :)
Jenny, I'm really thinking about getting myself an iPad as well for my birthday! I have so much fun playing around with it XD
Ich darf gerade mit dem iPad spielen und ich muss sagen das Gerät ist toll! Nun überlege ich ob ich mir zum Geburtstag auch eines wünschen soll XD
Wenn Grace da ist werden wir zum Karaoke gehen, da freu ich mich schon riesig!
I also heared that there were People starting to line up at midnight, that is so crazy! But the iPad was definitely worth it! I enjoy playing with it so much!
Well, I also didn't know about that until my brother told me :)
It was not too cold, we were lucky enough the sun was shining :) But ist was worth the experience, I have never stand in line to buy an item!
I was free that day so I said why not? It can be fun :)
I also couldn't understand the hype about Apple products until I've tried using the iPad for the first time and I must say ist is quite cool! But One can also live without it ;)
Oh Sara, it is so nice to hear from you again! I was worrying so much about you and always wondered how you are doing. Of course I still hope to meet up with you again, whereever this might be in the end! I miss hanging around with you!
what a queue! looked like you had a fun and cute purikuras!
It was so crazy! But I'm glad I could make this experience, definitely don't wanna have this again!
Kommentar veröffentlichen