Today I want to share my love for japanese bento with you! In Japan it is so normal to bring your own food with you whether it is for work, school or outdoor activities XD When I still was a university student I brought my own bento every day, cause I really hated the canteen. Now at work I decided to go on with my bento tradition, the canteen of my working place is actually okay (at least it is much better than back at student times) but still, I don't like it. Yeah, I know I'm so fussy when it comes to food, lol.
Most of my bento stuff is from Japan, so have some fotos!
My favourite double lunch box with box bag from Rilakkuma I use everyday XD
This is a lovely set, isn't it?
My beloved Tully's Tumbler and Rilakkuma shaped lunch box
Cinnamonroll box set!
Huge Rilakkuma lunch box! But I hardly use it cause it doesn't fit into the bento bag, haha!
That was my lunch yesterday! Rice with yasai-furikake (vegetable seasoning for rice), roasted chicken breast, fried chanterelles with onion and hard boiled coconut sauce eggs. It was so yummy XD
I had better mention at this place that it's my Mum who does all the cooking. She always cooks everything in the early morning ;) She usually sleeps until 4 or 5 am, so she must be bored and cooks for me, haha. No, I know I can't take this for granted and it is really luxiourous to enjoy this priviledge ;) Thank you Mama.
Well, topic change: On Sunday I had a lovely date with my friend L. and we wanted to try Matcha Latte from Tenten Coffee! Matcha Latte is japanese green tea combined with creamy milk. I've longed for real Matcha Latte ever since leaving Tokyo and as a real Matcha addict and the one we got in Cafe Relax was more than bad ;__; But this one was lovely, I highly recommend!
Tenten's advertisment!
Here was mine, you could also order the cold version! It was a bit expensive, though. But I gladly pay that for this enjoyment XDDD
We just sat there and talked. I'll miss her heapes once she leaves for her one year exchange year in Japan. But I'll work hard to at least go on a holiday in JP next spring and see her and some other friends again!
Having said that, I must get back to work XD See you!



27 Kommentare:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ICH LIEBE BENTO!!!!!!
Deine Bentoboxen sind sooooo süß!!und so viele *O* ich hab nur eine ;0;
wenn ich mal nach Japan fliege, dann kaufe ich soo viele XDD
aww~ ich will auch endlich mal den iced matcha bei tenten coffee ausprobieren ;o; hatte den schonmal dort gesehen neulich aber hatte keine zeit um hinzugehen ;o;
aww~ das bento sieht so lecker aus *0* vll mache ich mir in der uni ach bento^^
OMG wie toll die Boxen sind, wahnsinn T___T ich will auch unbedingt welche *_*
Ich finde es sieht auch unglaublich gut aus *-*
aww *_* die bentoboxen sind süß <3 und bento mit zur arbeit nehmen finde ich gut =)<3
JAAAAAAAA Ich auch XDDDD Schmeckt soviel besser wenn man Essen von zu Hause mitbringt als den Kantinen-Fraß in sich reinzuschaufeln, haha. Nein, also das Kantinen-Essen ist jetzt nicht so schlecht, aber ich mags halt nicht so gern, und solange Mama kocht genieße ich es ;)
Man kann ja auch hier jede Menge Bento Boxen kaufen aber die sind halt teuer. Ich bring dir dann auf jeden Fall was mit wenn ich wieder in Japan bin. Charlotte fährt im Oktober, sie kann dir auch schon was mitbringen wenn du magst ;)
Wir gehen auf jeden Fall mal zusammen Matcha trinken ;) Ich kanns kaum erwarten! ;)
Schön dass sie dir gefallen Jenny, du bekommst welche zu Weihnachten XD Man kann hier bei uns im Japan-Viertel nämlich welche kaufen, auch solche die nicht so nach kind und Kitsch aussehen, lol.
Meinst du das Essen? Gebe ich an meine Mama weiter! Aber jedes Essen kann schön aussehen wenn man es schön anrichtet XD
Danke! In Japan hat man echt die Qual der Wahl, soviele süße Boxen und man weiß nicht welche man nehmen soll, haha! Ich glaub ich bin einer der wenigen die sich überhaupt was mitbringt, alle anderen gehe in die Kantine :)
You have an awesome Mom!
I love your bento box collection! My 'bento' boxes are just plain-looking tupperwares that I only use to pack toasts. Lol.
I like the idea of bringing own food to work/school as you can control the amount of food you pack, so less wastage!
Oooh die süssen Obento Boxen x3 Ich hab auch zu Hause XD haha! nur meine Mama,....naja die will mir keine Bentos machen :'D ... dafür werde ich meinen Kindern eines Tages Bentos zubereiten x3 hihi!
the matcha late looks so interesting and i hope everything goes well so you can visit her ^^ and i love the bento boxes you look like a really gd cook :3
Aw your friend is so lucky! XDD;; one year in Japan is so wonderful! I'm sad to say that I just arrived back in California today haha I'm so sad to leave Kansai T o T but I will be back... you are going back in Spring?! I wanna go too! haha!
OMG your bento boxes are too cute. I have two rilakkuma and kitty-chan bento boxes! ^o^ I tend to be lazy about making my lunch beforehand, but being in Japan for 2.5 months has given me patience! haha~
Yeah, haven't I? XDD Mum's food is the best!
Oh whatever the box looks like, the fact that you use tupper ware instead of plastic wrapping is ideal! I hate it to produce trash! So I always use my tupper ware, and I'm lucky to have so many cute ones! I'm always tempted to buy new ones, but I always use the same
Jaaa, wenn man aus so süßen Boxen isst schmeckts noch besser, haha! Naja, wenn meine Mama nicht kochen würde würde ich es selbst machen, lol. Ich kann mir dich schon gut als Mama vorstellen, wie du den Kindern kleine Bento zubereitest. <3
It was so yummy! I'm a huge fan of Matcha, there are so many tasty Matcha food and drinks in Japan! Oh, I'm so sure it will work out, until now everything I've wanted has worked out somehow! XDDDD
Well, hopefully I will become a good cook as my Mum someday, lol
Yeah, she really is! I also applied for a place to study in Japan when I still was a student, but I wasn't lucky :( But actually it can be also nice to be in Japan for one year without university, like Working Holiday or language school. Too bad my WH was interrupted after 5 months...
I'm glad you got home safely! Time flies, right? I'm so sure you had the time of your life in JP! Do you already have other plans for going back? If you could come next spring we'd be able to meet!
Oh, I love Bento boxes and I'm always tempted to byu new ones, but then I think I already have enough, haha
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so viele hübsche rilakkuma sachen :) mit so zeug kann man mich auch immer glücklich machen ^^
Jaaaa, mich auch! Rilakkuma Liebe pur. Und auch sonst Liebe für alles was niedlich ist XD
I love Rilakkuma, but my bento is so old and it has pictures of Pikachu, lolz
Rilakkkuma is so lovely, isn't it? I have almost everything from Rilakkuma XDD Hey, Pikachu, why not? ;) It's cute, too! ;)
OH I loveeee Bento a lot! Bento boxes, the food, just got to love them!
I had a Bento today ^__^ xx
What a nice collection of bento boxes you have, Rilakkuma really is a super cute character! All the boxes I have are from the Daiso haha so they are cute but not especially cute XD I did pack my lunch at my last job, but I was dieting so it was just an apple, yogurt, vegetables etc things that dont need a nice bento box.
It's great you could have a nice matcha latte outside of Japan, I have only had ridiculously sweet "matcha" drinks in the US, so bad TT I guess I should pick something as a naughty treat food on my last day here in Japan, since its coming soon now -_-
Erstmal noch vielen lieben Dank für deine Glückwünsche! :3
Lieb von dir!
awwww~ bento!!!
Ganz was anderes wie das langweilige deutsche Pausenbrot xD xD
Ich will auch ne richtige japanische Bento Box...
Werd ich mir in Japan dann gleich mal zulegen... xD
Du wohnst in DDorf, oder?
Dein Leben da sieht viel interessanter aus, wie bei mir... Ich glaub ich komm dich da mal besuchen xD
woow die Bentoboxen sind ja meggaa niedlich.
Ich habe gar keine ;__;..
ohh doch von Fullmoon, aber die liegst noch bei Freunden ^^.
Me loves them too XDDDD I am such a bento addict, I really love to bring food from home. Cool, what did you have a s a bento?
Thank you, I'm glad you like my collection! I'm always tempted to buy new sets whenever I'm in JP, but then I think do you really need more boxes, haha. Daiso boxes are cute, too!
When do you return to the US? It is so sad we couldn't meet in Tokyo this summer but hopefully we will in NYC this winter!
Kein Problem, gern geschen, ich bin froh dass es euch allen gut geht!
Wenn du dann in JP bist kauf ganz viele Bento Boxen, die dann deine Kinder auch später im Kindergarten oder in der Schule benutzen können XD Ich seh dich schon liebevolle Bento zubereiten <3
Jep, ich wohn in Düsseldorf, und das schon ne ganze Weile. Komm mich jederzeit besuchen, ich würde mich mehr als freuen dich hier begrüßen zu dürfen. Aber auch in Düsseldorf ist es ab und an mal langweilig, haha.
Jaaaa, ich liebe japanische charaktere, die sind alle so niedlich XDD Da werd ich immer ganz schwach und möchte am liebsten die läden leer kaufen ;)
Hol dir die Dose zurück, hahaha! Kann man doch selbst ganz gut gebrauchen!
SO CUTE!! >.<!! You're so lucky to have your mum make your kawaii obento! My mother never used to cook lunch for me when I was in school...both my mum and dad were workaholics xD
Kommentar veröffentlichen