Sonntag, 14. August 2011

Ikea Love

Wow, the week went by so fast, I didn't even realize! Now it's Sunday and tomorrow I have to work again 5 days till the next weekend, haha. Well, did you have a nice weekend? Ever since starting working full time I appreciate my free time and the weekend so much more than before, and it's always busy XDD

Saturday Charlotte and me went to Ikea to have a look at some of their stuff and to have Ikea food ;) I always have to eat something whenever I'm there, specially their Hot Dog! Normally I'm not into Hot Dogs, but I love the one you can get at Ikea, I can't particularly explain why I like it only there, haha. Have some fotos!

 Our food: I had soft-icecream and the Ikea Hot Dog! Last foto shows the "eating slogan" (Translation would be: Eat me as you like it) I also liked the tray with "Ikea Food" on it, lol

 Some of the cute Ikea items we spotted: vegetable plushies, more plushies and a huge penguin poster!

 Me and Charlotte testing mattresses, haha! We took the second one actually lying, that's why my face is half cut off from the foto, lol ;) And please ignore the terrible break-out on my face that day! XDD

 Lol, Charlotte, it seems to be comfy on this one ;)

I ended up buying nothing except for the food, but Charlotte found a nice heart shaped cushion with arms! Too bad I forgot to take a picture of it! Maybe you can see it in her post?? After Ikea we headed back to the mall in Düsseldorf to just browse some stuff. Oh my wishlist always grows bigger thereafter...

 A few days ago I received this beautiful drawing from my friend T. (Cupcake Gal)! She even drew my birthmark, lol. I was soooo happy to get this, thank you so much! It will get a special place on my wall! Wish I was as cute as in your picture! <3

 Sunday I spent the day in our beloved Cupcake Cafe with Charlotte and L. where we coincidently met our friend K. She was there with her family to celebrate the baptism of the youngest family member ;) I had a super delicious Chai Tea Latte and the cupcake on the right with strawberry whipped cream XD

Actually I wanted to make new cheesecake today, but I forgot to buy whipping cream yesterday. Everything's closed on Sunday in Germany, so I have to wait till tomorrow. Hmmm, yummy cheesecake ;)

So, what are you up to this week? Any nice plans? I will get to welcome my Swiss friend this week who is on a journey through the whole of Europe on his bycicle (yeah, you read it correct!). He is just stopping by in Düsseldorf for two days, and I'm looking forward to see him again after two years ;) I shall post about it!

Have a nice start into the new week! Lots of love, TT <3

21 Kommentare:

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

My favourite Ikea food is the Swedish Meatball. The thought of it makes me hungry already! Haha.

I'm down with flu this weekend after eating Taiwanese food. I'm getting better but the block nose is still there :(
Bad things aside, I'm looking forward to next week though! This coming Friday I'm gonna meet up with some friends that I haven't seen in ages, and on Saturday it will be the summer festival, yay!

Oh yah I have received your cute mamegoma letter! :3

Shou-chan hat gesagt…

awwww~ Ikea ist toll*_*
das ikay düsseldorf ist ziemlich nah an meiner Wohnung *v* Ich liebe es in Ikea Quatschpics zu machen XD und das essen ist echt lecker, Hotdog hab ich noch nie probiert^^
und aww~ cupcake café *0* lecker<3

Huong hat gesagt…

mmmm the food looks good ^^

haha yeh! You should take us step by step how u make the cheesecake. :)

wwow, whole of europe ? must be tiring but adventurous, would like to do that  ^^

みか☆ちゃん hat gesagt…

Oh my gosh! All over Europe only taking a bike?! Is he crazy or whaaat?! haha :P

Aw what a fun time! Ikea's in Germany serve food?! * o * They don't here in America! SUPER jealous! Maybe when I stop by Germany next month I'll go to an Ikea XDD Yes I'm going to Germany along with the Netherlands!! * o * I'm excited! Well that's my plan anyway haha maybe I can see you at work XDDD haha!

Uhm, nothing big this week! Just working and getting ready for school to start after next week.. :'D

vina.my hat gesagt…

The vegetable plush are so cuuuteeee (*゜Д゜*)
Unfortunately, there isn't IKEA in my country, sob.. ( ╯╭╮╰。)
I like the IKEA product too ^^

sushicatjen hat gesagt…

That chai latte looks delicious!

MarjoleinHoekendijk hat gesagt…

Omg the latte makes me thirsty ;)

von bitz hat gesagt…

how come the hotdogs from your place is way longer then the one we have in canada? =(

u guys even have cucumber!!!

suiprincess hat gesagt…

xDDD Charlotte auf dem Bett <3<3 geniiaalll <3<3<3!!!
Sieht nach ner mege Spaß aus, ich muss auch mal wieder nach IKEA, für nen Schrank, für die Abstellkammer XDDD <3<3<3<3
Yeahh 1 Euro Hot Dog <3<3<3<3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hahaha, Charlotte had those meatballs! I'm actually not a great fan of meat, but I couldn't resist the Ikea Hot D

Oh no, hope you'll get better soon to enjoy the fun things of life! I wish we had a summer festival, too. But summer came back yesterday, and the next days it's gonna be sunny!

I'm glad you got my letter! Take your time to reply, we are not in a hurry XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ne? Ich liebe Ikea! Wir waren im Ikea in Kaarst, aber das in Reisholz ist echt nah da wo du wohnen wirst! Wir müssen unbedingt mal dahin zusammen und hot Dog essen XD In letzter Zeit steh ich auch auf Quatschbilder, macht voll Spaß, wir müssen auch gaaaanz viele machen! <3 

thanhthao hat gesagt…

It was good!! So yummy!

Do you also wanna try and make a cheesecake?? I could send you the recipe!

Yeah, I really admire my friend for doing this Europe trip, it's amazing!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah it was almost the whole of Europe! I really admire him for doing that, it is so amazing, all in all he has been on the road for over 10 months. I couldn't imagine myself doing that!

Why is there no food in American Ikea?? I thought specially in the US, there must be food, haha. Well, if you have the chance come to Ikea in Germany  and we'll have Ikea food together! I'm gonna email you because of your trip to NL, maybe there's a chance we can meet up?? Would be so great!

Good luck at work and school!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Cute, ne? I have a faible for cute things, so I always have my camera with me just in case I see something cute and snap it XDD

Too bad there is no Ikea in your country, hope you get the chance to visit one soon!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

It was indeed! I've discovered my love for Chai Tea! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I only can recommend Chai Tea Latte!! So yummy!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Maybe it was coincidence?? XDD Yeah, what would a hotdog be without cuccumber, lol? thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Witzig, oder? Man kann mit ihr echt viele Spaßbilder machen, haha. Oh ja, das Preisleistungs-Verhältnis ist einfach unschlagbar bei Ikea XDD Ich hoffe du findest bald einen passenden Schrank!

bangbangsheshoots hat gesagt…

great pics!  I love a good good ol' Ikea icecream - although it's kind of rare for me to even pop to a store like that! Your friend to is so sweet to draw a picture you guys!!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh thank you so much, Nic! I really like Ikea's soft ice, so yummy and very cheap! I paid 50 Cents for the one on the foto XD Well, I am also not very oftnen at Ikea, maybe about twice a year?? ;))

Yeah, that was so lovely from her, I love that picture!

von bitz hat gesagt…

im still pretty upset that we dont have cucumber! =/
anyways, have been reading your wonderful blog! very interesting!
ganbatte ne!

Kommentar veröffentlichen