Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010

About a Job Interview in Shinjuku

So, on Monday I continued my job hunting with Lou (who btw has become so much of a good friend to me since I've met her the first time a month ago, thank you so much, you are such a supportive and wonderful friend!). We met up in Shinjuku to go to the job center and check out the new job offers, and while I had a counselation the woman there found two offers for me. She called the first one and they told her there are still appointments free for a job interiew, exactly on the same day I was there. So, she said, you have a job interview in about 3 hours, and I was like what?? I can't prepare etc. And while explaning this and that to me I got so nervous to really go that job interview. I can't explain it, but I somehow had a very bad feeling about that interview. Normally I'm not nervous at all, that's why it was so weird I had a bad feeling about it. Since it was raining like hell that day I told Lou that I might skip it, cause I was so afraid, lol. But we found the buliding in which the interview was easily and went in. It was a very fancy and tall buliding, very chic and there were business people everywhere, haha. When it was finally time for the interview I felt the same nervousness like back in high school when I was going to my last final oral exam, lol. We waited in the lobby of the company and were picked up by the guy in charge of the interviews. At first he thought Lou was the one to be interviewed (yeah, she is such a cutie and eyecatcher :), but it turned out to be me, lol. Then he said it is okay for Lou to join the interview, too, which was so surprising, and I'm so thankful he did that cause having Lou sitiing next to me made me feel less nervous. So when the interview finally started I realized in seconds that all the fear, the nervousness, the bad feelings I had were such a waste of time! Why did I even bother to feel like that? The guy was so nice and the interview turned out to be one of the best I ever had, at first he talked about the company itself, then I had to introduce myself and answer to some questions, and at the end the interview became some kind of small talk between the three of us. He was wondering how to meet and get to know more international friends, and we gave him some advice like clubbing and blogging and then I thought he could simply meet up with us since we know quite a lot of international friends who we could introduce him to. So I ended up asking for his phone number, and he gave it to me :-) Did I already mention that he was quite good-looking? XD So, even if I don't get the job at his company I still have his phone number, hahaha! Great Lol. Im still so proud that I asked, and I was so astonished how easy it was! :) I knew the stay here would be good for having more confidence, that's also what Lou said, and you were so right! Anyway, it would be so awesome to work there, let's hope the best and that I get a call the next days!

Oh, wow, this has become so text lasting, I actually just wanted to let you know that I'm fine and that I'll continue job hunting until I've found something!! Hope you enjoyed reading this post anyways.

Last but not least, the lovely Caroline featured me and my blog in her last post, be sure to check it out! Thanks Caroline, that was so cute of you! Can't wait to see you in two weeks! XD

24 Kommentare:

Conshi hat gesagt…

hey :)

also dann müssen wir uns in düsseldorf treffen. ich werd erst im winter 2011 wieder gehen aber das ist dann ja auch ok ne ^^ dann machen wir uns nen schönen tag in d'dorf :)

toll das du dich mit lou so gut verstehst. ist halt einfach schöner wenn man, grad im ausland, so nette und vor allem gleichsprachige leute um sich hat.

shanjae hat gesagt…

The 1st paragraph is indeed wordy but I'm glad I read it cos it feels nice to know that everything turned out well in the end, or in fact better than expected! ;)
Good luck in getting the job!

agnes hat gesagt…

Freut mich total, dass es so gut lief!!!
Wär natürlich super wenn du den Job bekommen würdest.
Ansonsten hast du ja immer noch die Telefonnummer^^

Exotic Japan hat gesagt…

Wow, I'm proud of you not only for sticking with it and going to that interview even though you were nervous and it was raining hard, but also because you had the guts to ask the good looking guy for his number. Good for you! Our little Thanh Thao is coming out of her shell ;-)

Caroline Josephine hat gesagt…

That's such good news!!!! I hope you get it! And yes, Japan is SO good at giving people confidence. I've really grown up and changed a lot since coming here... what used to scare me back home I can now do without even a single worry! Hahaha.

Your welcome for the post on my blog :) I was happy to do it! I can't wait to meet you too :D

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Schön wärs!! XD Also bis heute kam nix... ich frage mich ob ich am Ende der Woche nicht mal anrufen und nachfragen soll... aber eigentlich macht man das hier ja nicht...

Hoffentlich wird es was, wird mal langsam Zeit, dass wir beide was finden, ne!!! Du bist dann bestimmt die erste die Bescheid von mir bekommen wird! ;)

Ja, er sah echt nicht schlecht aus, aber ich bin so schlecht im Alter schätzen, haha!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I really hope it will work out somehow... Hahaha, that's the same with me, I always have something in mind prepared, but at the end I only say like one third of all I wanted to say or ask, lol. Interviewer should be more relaxed and not so dead serious and stiff, I think. Would be better for both sides! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you! And your ex gf works where??? XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hallo Conny,

klar, dann treffen wir uns im Winter 2001 in D'dorf. Gerne auch schon etwas früher, ich plane Mitte September wieder nach Hause fahren. Aber wir machen uns auf jeden Fall nen netten Tag! Freu mich schon drauf!

Es ist wirklich soviel besser wenn man gleichsprachige Leute um sich hat, ich meine egal wie gut man in einer anderen Sprache auch ist, ich denke man kann nie soviel ausdrücken wie in der Muttersprache. Ich bin echt dankbar, das ich solche Leute um mich habe :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you!! I'm sorry for spaming my readers with textlasting posts lately, it's just the feeling that I have so much to tell. I will be posting more picutres soon again! Thanks for reading anyway!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, es lief besser als erwartet, nun muss nur noch ne Zusage kommen, schön wärs! Ich brauch dringend einen Job, hehe. Und, ja, die Telefonnummer, ich frage mich ob ich am Ende der Woche nochmal anrufen und nachfragen soll, wie die sich entschieden haben... aber eigentlich macht man das hier nicht... :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you!!! I'm actually so proud of myself, too, lol. Well, it was so tempting to just skip it and stay away from that interview, but I'm glad I went there after all, since the interview was good and now I have a number more in my phone:-) Yeah, Japan is making me more mature and less shy, hahaha. It is really like you get a boost in confidence, I mean I don't have much to loose right?? XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I really hope so, too!! It would be like the eighth world wonder, but I'm not giving up hope so easily, lol. Japan is really making us shy girls grow more mature and in confidence, that's so cool. I'm already looking forward to the new me when I've returned home, hahaha!

Can't wait to see you!! :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, endlich mal Erfolgserlebnis :-) Ich hoffe so sehr dass das was wird!! :-) Und wenn nicht habe ich ja immer noch die Nummer, hahaha!

Grüße sie mal von mir wenn du sie das nächste Mal siehst! Ich hatte am Ende gar keine Gelegenheit mehr mich anständig von ihr zu verabschieden... Aber auf deinen Besuch freu ich mich schon wahnsinnig!! :-) Machen wir auf jeden Fall, viel Japanisch reden, ich hab ja einige japanische Freunde hier, mit denen wir uns dann treffen können!

Daaaaaaaanke!! Ich vermisse dich ganz doll! <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Really, will you be?? XDDD Well, I'm hoping for the best! :-) Btw, we have to decide for a song soon, I'm totally serious about that, lol! I wanna hear you sing :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Well, he's not mine yet, hahahaha! XDD But I have his number, hehehe.

I really hate that too, it's just a nasty feeling! Why do they keep on approaching me, lol.

I'm so looking forward to see you in Tokyo!! Wow, I've always wanted to meet you ever since I became your follower, and now it's only two more weeks until I get to see you! Can't wait!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I hope so, too! :-) It would so great, and my only Christmas wish for this year is a job and a parcell from home, hahaha! I'd love to take a picture with him, maybe next time??

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Danke!! Die anderen davor waren auch nicht so schlecht, aber dieses war mit Abstand das Beste bisher, und macht mir ein wenig Hoffnung, hoffen wir mal das es endlich was wird!

Klar, bei Telefonterror bin ich immer mit dabei, lol. Vielleicht bereut er es dann mr seine Nummer gegeben zu haben :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you Stacy!!! :-)) Well, first I wanna have a job, lol. and then maybe a boyfriend, hahah! But my priority atm is job-money-shopping-fun-friends-bf, hahahahahaha!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you Besa, it is so nice that you comment so often lately! *kiss*

He was really nice, and I thought why not asking for his number? I mean, I have nothing to loose, right? He could have said no if he wanted to, lol. Honestly, you know, back home in Germany I would have never dared to ask someone for a phone number, but ever since being here I feel like I could just ask anybody, hahaha! Do you happen to be in Tokyo soon again? We could walk around and if you see a person you like I will go there and ask him for his phone number, lol!!! XDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Daaaaanke, ich hoffe auch, das das bald was wird! Ich will endlich einen geregelten Tagesablauf!! Und Geld!!! Ich hab so langsam echt keine Lust mehr auf zu Hause rumsitzen und Hausfrau zu spielen, hahaha! Nicht dass ich nicht gerne für uns koche, das mache ich nämlich echt gerne :-))

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Danke!!! :-))) Und ich bin süß?? XDD Wusste ich gar nicht :-) Kann ich nur zurückgeben!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I really hope so, too!! But I think I might be the one to call, hahaha! I'm sick of waiting for the other side to call, so I wanna take the initiatve and call him, hahaha!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, it is so great how you can grow when you are on yourself and don't have anybody to rely on! I always say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, hahaha! So far Japan hasn't killed me yet, lol (but there were situations where that almost happened, lol) so I'm becoming stronger each day, haha! I think I'm already noticing that change within me! XD

Kommentar veröffentlichen