Montag, 3. Mai 2010

Chousa Matsuri in Kotohira

Thanks everybody for your kind comments on my last post! It is not that I am smart, hell no, I think that I just have a talent in learning languages (and for that I've always been a looser in mathemetics XD). So for those who wanted to know, here I officially announce it! I speak 5 languages which are: German and Vietnamese (both are my mother toungues, cause my mum was smart enough to raise me bilingual :), then of course English (the first language I ever learned at school and I love it), Japanese (I think I am quite fluent) and basic French (I had it 4 years in school, but since Japanese is my major now, I forgot most of my French which is a waste...)

Okay, I said that I would write about the Chousa Matsuri in Kotohira this time, so here you go! Ai told me that every district in Kotohira town has it's own Matsuri (Festival), and we were able to participate in the matsuri of Enai district, where Ai lives. Her father lend us the traditional jackets and off we were. I missed to ask her why it was celebrated, but I can guess it is because of religious reasons. It was October, 1 and it was sooo unbelievabely hot (about 30 degrees), Sarah even got sunburned. Anyways, let the fotos speak!

Ahem, don't mind my silly face XDDD
Half from the backside...
I forgot the name of this thing, how embarrasing for a student of Japanese culture... there are children inside drumming while the adults pull the thing (it is standing on wheels). We were pulling too! But it was too exhauting after 20 minutes in the heat, so we gave up and just followed it! XDD
We were strolling through the whole district of Enai with that thing :-) Good thing that there were strong men with us XDDD
Sarah and me. My height is a catastophe! :-)) But since I 'm Asian, it should be okay ^o^

Ai and Sarah
We loved the little boy in his festival clothing <33
Ai and me: almost leaving! Bye, bye!

Thanks to Ai we could make this experience of participating in this wonderful event. Normally, no foreigners or tourists are allowed, I think, so we kind of got a special permisson XD

Next post: Visit to Konpira-san (a famous shrine) in Kotohira.

11 Kommentare:

Rena hat gesagt…

WOW! NO foreigners or tourists allowed?! You ARE really special then! But it looks a little bit tiring...but fun at the same time!

LOL but you MUST BE SMART since you know so many languages!

<33 Rena

Valerie hat gesagt…

How nice that you were allowed to join!
Yay for big strong men :D

Looking forward to the next post since my paper was about Shintoism ^^

Hello Naka hat gesagt…

tehe i always blame being asian for my shortness :p

great post ^^ and tehe i wish I new as many languages as you :3

great photos looks like great fun :3

Shop N' Chomp hat gesagt…

You are a genius! Thanks for listing the languages. :D Oh, I suck at math too...hehe. You girls look cute in your jackets! The thing you were pulling looks so elaborate and colorful.

Tutti Patuti hat gesagt…

wow u know so many languages.. i'm jealous

and i wish i was there to celebrate the matsuri

Sara Mari hat gesagt…

Wow, that is so cool you could be part of that matsuri, and wear the jacket. It looks like a wonderful experience!

Jess hat gesagt…

ooh ich find das voll interessant *-*

ich würd auch gern mehrere sprachen können ´_` kann nur englisch un deutsch *loser* xD
der festivalwagen sieht cool aus *.*

ich freu mich schon auf den nächsten post! x)

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

That's lucky of you to participate in that event! It's a once-in-a-life-time experience isn't it.

Shana hat gesagt…

You think 30 degrees is hot? Some days in Brazil have about 37, 40 degrees! xD I really melt in those days.
This pics are great! I think the japanese culture is so magica and pretty!
And I envy you, I just know a little bit of english D: But since portuguese is a very hard language and I know it well, I'm still happy. :3 And I think portuguese is really beautiful if you use it right ♥
Well, Kisses for you! =*

Kady hat gesagt…

Those are beautiful photographs. Good luck on your new blog. I think it looks very good. I am now one of your followers and I would like to sign up for your giveaway. Thank you!

Kady

Anonym hat gesagt…

I was wondering what languages you spoke! I only know English , a little French (my sister is pretty fluent in it though), and a tiny bit of Japanese. I wouldn't mind learning German or Finnish (I know a few words of both languages) but I think they're hard to learn :(

PS that little boy is so cute!

Kommentar veröffentlichen