Mittwoch, 27. April 2011

About difficult decisions


Hi readers, I hope you all had a lovely Easter holiday?? Mine were relaxing, but very boring! XD I did some handicrafts, watched all the Easter movies on TV (oh yeah, I did XD) and spent the days basicially doing nothing. On Sunday we went to the airport to send my little sis back to Tokyo, she will finish her semester at Meiji and will return in August. 

Today's post will inform you about my decision concerning my "Japan-Problem". It was a very hard and difficult  one (probably the most difficult I had until now), but I will not go back. It is not only because of the radiation and such, I know Tokyo is safe and besides some little earthquakes which happen from time to time it should be fine now. It is more a financial matter which keeps me from going back, some personal reasons and of course my family. Maybe some will say I'm old enough to decide for myself, but they are my family and I don't wanna have disputes with them, and I wanna get along with them for at least a little longer XD And I don't wanna go back alone. So stupid as it sounds, I don't wanna live on my own. I tried it the first month over there and it just didin't go well. I was so happy when I could move into my friend's apartment back in December. And it is more fun to share all the fond memories you can make in such a fantastic city like Tokyo with someone. 

So for the moment I have to say goodbye to my "second home country", but I will be back soon! My former roommate Charlotte and me are planning to go back to Tokyo in summer 2012 with another Visa and stay for another year. This will surely work out!

So just wait for us Japan, we will be back in an instant!


I still have to cancel my phone contract and my February and March salary is still on my jap. bank account. I will tell my sis to go shopping for me, lol. I think I can get loads of new stuff, hahaha!

Btw: I tried to make my posts look more intersting by using animated emoticons, the raw versions look very good, but as soon as I post it, there are ugly red boxes around the emoticons, does anybody know how to remove them??

See you!

34 Kommentare:

Michelle-esque hat gesagt…

To remove the red border, do this [img src="URL of image" border="0"] just replace the brackets with the angled ones. ^^

I would have made the same decision as you. If it were my own money, I would have probably gone back, but because it isn't my own money, I'd stay home. As far as living alone...I haven't really lived on my own to know what the experience is like - but I do know that the first couple of months will feel a bit lonely :/

Shou-chan hat gesagt…

awww..also das kann ich verstehen.. aber es ist ja toll, dass ihr beide nächstes Jahr wieder hingehen wollt und noch ein Jahr machen könnt *V* dann ist ja alles nicht so schlimm^^
ja die Rahmen sind nervig..ich hab die auch nich ganz wegbekommen..ich hab das immer gegoogelt, das kann helfen aber bei mir bin ich nur bis zu transparentem Rahmen gekommen den immer noch leicht sieht .__.

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

The gifs are too cute! XD

Whatever your decision is, as long as you know it's for the best then I guess it will be fine!
I'm glad to hear you and Charlotte are going back! Maybe by then we will be able to meet! haha :D

Sara Mari hat gesagt…

Oh now I feel a little less interested in vacationing in Tokyo this summer...TT But I understand the reasons that made you decide to move back next year instead. Flights are getting quite expensive now, the summer is always so costly.

I like your idea using the animated gifs, when I have text only posts I always feel there should be something in there to look at haha.

Well I will send the items you requested to Germany during my next trip to the post office. I was waiting hoping I could give them to you in person, but its better sooner rather than later (which it already is....)

Shou-chan hat gesagt…

also ich backe fast jedes Jahr eine japanische Weihnachtstorte *v*
dieses Jahr können wir ja eine X-Mas-Party machen^o^

みか☆ちゃん hat gesagt…

Well, I'm glad that you could think hard about it and come to this decision. It sounds like it really was so hard to make, and I respect you for knowing what you need to do! I hope that you indeed go back to Tokyo in 2012! Maybe I will come back then too xDDD;;

Such cute gifs! I was chuckling as I was reading this (while also feeling sad lol). I always add SOOO many gifs in my post... I wonder if people's computers go slower if they go on my page haha~

I didn't know your younger sister is also in Japan! None of my siblings are interested in going to Japan! ^^;; I guess that's good in a way because then there will only be one loud blonde-haired girl (me haha) and that's enough I think for Japanese people! ^^;;;

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Echt?? Au ja, lass uns das unbedingt machen!!! Das wird spaßig!! Ich lieben kochen und backen, auch wenn ich nocht nicht so gut bin XDDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh Sarah, this makes me so sad as well, I was hoping to see you again so much this year in summer!!! I always enjoyed the time we were hanging out together in Tokyo. I guess I must visit you in MN, I can't wait until summer 2012, that's more than a year away... Yeah, flights are always so expensive in summer it doesn't matter where you wanna go, right? I like to go off-season, so the flights are cheaper and it's not crowded.

Oh, that would be so kind from you to send the stuff to Germany! It would have been much more nicer to get it from you in person in Tokyo, but I can't help it. Damn it, I was so much looking forward to your return in May or early summer...

Anyways, we'll see each other again sooner later, somewhere XDDD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I'm glad you like the gifs! I saw them on a page and fell in love with them!! Now I have to figure out how to remove the boxes, but I really suck with Html and such... ;___;

Yeah, I really hope to meet you soon in Tokyo then!! Or I shall make a stopover in Singapore, lol!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, dadurch das man jetzt wieder ein Ziel hat ist das Ganze wieder erträglich geworden! Ein Lichtblick, und etwas worauf man hinarbeiten und sparen kann :-))

Ich kenn mich ja mal so gar nicht aus mit Html und so Kram, das ist alles so kompliziert! Ich hätt mal nen Informatikkurs besuchen sollen, dann könnte ich auch meinen Blog schöner gestalten!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you for the great advice, Michelle!! But I really suck at Html, so I don't even know where to paste the code you gave me, lol. I have to ask my brother for help XDD

Yeah, that's exactly the problem I have. I don't have any money savings left in Germany, and I don't want to borrow it from my family, they have paid already so much for me. So I wanna earn that money myself and go to Tokyo later then. My family offered to pay that ticket, but I don't want that, so I'd rather stay home and go back next year. This seems to be the best solution with which everyone can live I guess.

Oh, I really hope you get the chance to experience living in an own apartment soon, Maybe it will be somthing for you?? XD

Aga_sliwa hat gesagt…

Bin mir sicher, dass du ziemlich viel Stress hattest, bis endlich eine Entscheidung gefallen ist, aber wenn sie erstmal fällt dann kanns auf jeden Fall Bergauf gehen! Wünsch dir auf jeden Fall alles alles Gute!!!
Machst du dann deinen Master jetzt oder was planst du in Deutschland?

bangbangsheshoots hat gesagt…

Oh I'm sorry to hear this :( Japan is an expensive place, no doubt... i think I wouldn't lie here if my husband wasn't Japanese - like you because of finances! Well maybe I'll visit you in Germany instead :)

Rick hat gesagt…

I always think things happen when they are supposed to and that's when you'll revisit Japan. Sometimes we have to pause, regroup, repair our finances and then start again. This is not a major change, just a minor delay. Your sis should send you a few things to remind you of your stay.

Naka hat gesagt…

awh cute emoticons :3 and to remove the border try going into design and then u can remove the border or just turn it white :)

also sorry to hear it was a hard decision. I would hate to live by myself especially in a foreign country no one to talk to or share ur food when u make too much and no one to wash up or clean the house when u have no time!

I really hope to go to Japan next year, but I guess we'll see XD all the best for the future thanh thao! and i hope to keep in touch with ur blog skype and letters :p ^^

meowintokyo hat gesagt…

Too bad that you can't come back to Japan anytime soon. =( I will surely miss having you around! But fret not, I will keep you updated of the fun things in Tokyo through my blog. =) Take care!

Lianaehaas hat gesagt…

Oh, dass ist ja schade, aber immerhin hattest du die Chance mal nach Tokio zu gehen und du hattest ja ne geile Zeit! Und du wirst bestimmt eines Tages zurück nach ´Japan gehen und nun kannst du ja noch die gute Zeit in Dtl geniesen!^^

Anna hat gesagt…

Darf man fragen, mit welchem Visum du dann rübergehst? Working Holiday darf man doch nur einmal machen, dachte ich? ~_~;

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey Mika, thanks for your comment!! It was a very difficult decision indeed, but the best for the moment I think. So I will try everything to go back in summer 2012, I really hope we can meet in Tokyo!! I'm sure you will be back in 2012 as well!!

Yeah, whenever I make a post with only text I have the feeling there is something missing, hahaha! I guess readers wanna have some eye-candy as well XDDD

My yonger sis is at Meiji Universtiy doing a one year exchange. I wanted to be in Tokyo at the same time with her, that's why I started my Working last year as well, otherwise I would've waited for another year... See what happened, lol? Well, exept my little sis noone else is interested in Japan in my family!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey Agnes!! Ja, es war echt erleichternd als die Entscheidung erst mal gefallen war, jetzt arbeite ich ganz fleißig darauf hin nächstes Jahr wieder rübergehen zu können!! XDD Vielen Dank für deine lieben Worte :-)

Ich werd jetzt erst mal ein wenig arbeiten, auf Studium hab ich im Moment irgendwie keine Lust, hahaha! Aber evtl entscheide ich mich ja um im Herbst?? XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Money is a huge problem, right?? Before I started WH in Tokyo last year I had a certain amount of money with me for the first two months, and I'd need it again if I want to return now... Anyways, now that it's decided it's not so bad anymore to be here in Germany! I really hope to see you in Düsseldorf sometime!!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thanks for your kind words!! Now that it's settled that I won't go back this year it's not so bad anymore to stay here in Germany ;) I know I will be back sooner or later! XD

I already told my sis to send me some stuff, hope she already shopped for me ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Argh... I'm hopelessly bad with html, I don't understand at all how to remove the brackets, hahaha! I think I'll just ask my brother for help! XDD

Oh, so you are planning to go to Japan as well?? I hope we can meet then!! That would be so lovely! In the meantime let's keep in touch! I just send a letter to you the other day!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Meow, I miss you so much already!!! You know, we wanted to go to the H clubs together, right, hahaha. How much longer will you be in Tokyo? I'll surely follow you blog to be updated what's trendy in Tokyo!! In the meantime, let's keep in touch via fb and blog!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, das ist echt schade!!! Ich war echt depressiv deswegen hahaha. Aber es waren echt tolle 4 Monate, soviele neue Erfahrungen, Freunde und Ereignisse ;) Ich werde von nun an ganz fleißig daraufhin arbeiten, nächstes Jahr wieder rübergehen zu können! XD

Und, wie gehts dir in Schottland?? <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Jep, WH Visum gibts nur einmal im Leben, ich war letztens im Konsulat und hab nachgefragt, ob ich die verbleibenden 7 Monate in einem anderen Jahr nachmachen darf, aber da war nix zu machen.

Jetzt spiele ich mit dem Gedanken mit nem Studentenvisum rüberzugehen, weil man da auch nebenbei arbeiten darf. Bedingung ist aber der Besuch einer Sprachschule. Ich muss mich aber noch näher dazu informieren :-)

Anna hat gesagt…

Ja, das war mein nächster Gedanke :D Da ich mich grad in der Uni extremst mit dem Thema auseinandersetze (Forschungsprojekt über das Bild von Ausländern/Ausländerkriminalität in den japanischen Medien), kann ich dir relativ sicher sagen, dass man da dann halt nur maximal 20 Stunden pro Woche arbeiten darf, nicht länger als 5 Stunden pro Tag und nicht in Bars oder Nachtclubs :/

Naja, besser als früher, als man noch gar nicht arbeiten durfte >_>

Und find's ziemlich mies vom Konsulat, dass sie da nicht ein bisschen Verständnis zeigen oder sonstwie kulant sind. Ich meine, in der Situation könnten sie ruhig mal ein Auge zudrücken :/ Aber ja, japanische Bürokratie halt...

ベーサ hat gesagt…

Thanchan!! I really hope we can meet in 2012!! ♥
And I know what you mean about living alone... you can't share anything with anyone >.<
It's so nice to come home and have someone to talk to! ^^

By the way, for the image border, it's really easy! You go to "Design" and the click on the "Template Designer", then you go to Advance --> Image and here you are! You just set the colors to white or transparent by clicking on the color and you're done^^

ellinor hat gesagt…

That's sad. I'm hoping to go soon. Thanks for sharing the write up and drop by me too, soon.

Cheers.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey there!!

Thanks for your comment!! Well, I guess I will be back sooner or later, so if you will be in Tokyo at the same time as me, fel free to contact me for a meetup! I love hanging around with people!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey Besa!! Glad to have you back blogging!! I really hope we can meet in 2012! Let's both work hard to let our dreams come true! I've always wanted to meet you! It will be lovely to hang around in Tokyo! XD

Thanks for the advice, I will try it out!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, das stimmt, Büroratie ist doch überall gleich, hahaha! Naja, inzwischen find ich es schon gar nicht mehr so schlimm, dass ich das WH Visum nur für 4 Monate benutzt habe :) Ich hab auch immer so ca 20 Std. in der Woche gearbeitet, manchmal mehr manchmal weniger. Ich hatte ja noch nen zweiten kleinen Job. Ich frage mich wie die das eigentlich kontrollieren wollen mit den Arbeitstunden... Meine anderen ausländischen Kollegen haben mehr als 20 Stunden mit dem Studentenvisum gearbeitet und waren nur so ein bis 2 mal die Woche in der Schule! XD

Naka hat gesagt…

thank u for ur comment it cheered me up :) I don't feel very social atm, but thanks for your offer :) ur too kind.


also I'm hoping to get some work experience in Germany during the summer holidays, but I think I will tell u more in the letter :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

No prob, that's what friends are there for :-) If you feel like talking just feel free to contact me anytime XD


And it would be so great if you come to Germany!! Then we can have a meetup with Theresa as well, I'm sure she'd love to meet you, too! Can't wait for your letter!! XDD

Kommentar veröffentlichen