Montag, 12. September 2011

Random Post, just to post again XD

Hi friends, how are you? Did you have a nice weekend? Mine went by too fast, it's Monday again... And the most important news at the beginning, my bro and me booked our tickets to NYC yesterday! So it's settled now, we will be in the States for the first time from Dec 5~14 :) It's a trip during pre-Christmas time, so I'm specially happy about that! I'm so much looking forward to get outta good old Germany again <3<3<3 I keep styding those guide books I got and start making lists what to see and what to do, lol. I'll keep you updated about further plans *__*

So today's post is just for posting something again, have fun with the random fotos (mostly food pics, cause I had nothing interesting to take fotos of, haha)!

My food haul at the asian supermarket :) I mostly got jap. food like Mirin, Dashi, Udon and Shiro Kamaboko

Here's the unpacked Kamaboko. Basically it tastes like Surimi, I used to eat it so often when I was living in Tokyo. We put it into our salads, or eat it like that with Wasabi and Shoyu <3

On Saturday my little sis and me went to have Ramen at the japanese quarter, and it was so damn good! Felt like being in JP again, hahaha! I had shoyu Ramen, and sis had Kara-Age Ramen.

Then we went to a local department store to get sosme sweets XD Sis got a huge crocodile and frog, haha. 

Many of you know I'm a Jelly Belly addict! I got myself two little bags of the ice-cream parlour Jellies! So yummy! XD

On sunday we had a super yummy Barbeque at my bro's place! My sis and me played "Grillmeister", lol.

Last but not least, have a look at my kiiroi tori phone holder! It is holding my japanese clamshell phone which I'm trying to make it work in Germany.

My lovely friend Lou was so kind to give me a Blog Award in her last post, thank you so much my dear! I miss you heaps as well, and all the funny meet-ups and the time we were hanging around in Tokyo :) Hope to see you soon in Düsseldorf at the Japan-Day! So what can I tell you about myself, what you don't know already, lol. I'm deeply convinced that dreams can become true, if you only work hard for it. I experienced that myself, so I know what I'm talking about. So never give up!

38 Kommentare:

PrincessRyo hat gesagt…

so great things! I'm hungry again!
OH NYC!! So nice! Take a lot of pictures please *_*

Shou-chan hat gesagt…

awwww~ lecker udon*0*
und toll dass ihr die tickets gebucht habt^^dann kann es ja los gehen! :)
freu mich für dich und freu mich auf ein wiedersehen :3

sushicatjen hat gesagt…

NYC!!!! That's gonna be awesome!!! And great time to visit too.  Everything will be lit up and beautiful already!

Huong hat gesagt…

The food looks great! I love udon, they taste great ^_^

Pei Hoon hat gesagt…

I'm hungry for some ramen now~ :D

My dad once bought udon and stir-fried it. I don't know if anybody does that though, haha.

sweetsnowdemon hat gesagt…

Hey! It is Ash from Japan (Charlotte's friend we met during the quake :P) I am in NY actually but when you come is my Law school finals but if you need any help or advice you can feel free to ask! My blog is at Harmonycloud on blogger.

Sara Mari hat gesagt…

Oh that's a great time to travel in the US, the week before Christmas is the lowest travel traffic (since most people go to travel the actual week of Christmas) and NY will be beautiful all decorated up for Christmas!

This food post was so enjoyable to look at haha! The gummis and jelly bellies look so yummy, I love sweets so much but the grilled food seems so good too. I can't wait to have breakfast now hehehe.

Oh by the way, I got your gift today, oh wow it was so wonderful to receive! You really are so kind and thoughtful! I can send your items out tomorrow, I hope you will like them as much as I liked mine XD I included pics of the package in my most recent post~

inuchi hat gesagt…

*_* das ist sooo cool, dass ihr nach new york geht !! und dann auch noch in der x-mas-zeit *_* dann ist bestimmt alles super hübsch geschmückt und so !! ich freu mich für euch <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thank you so much. That's all I can do with fotos and my amateurish camera, haha. I also get hungry watching food pics ;)

Oh and I'll be sure to take loads of pics in NYC for those who can't be there with me! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ich freu mich schon auf unser erstes Udon-Essen ;)) Die Packung hat 55 Cent gekostet <3

Ja, jetzt wo die Tickets gebucht sind ist man einen Schritt witer und es ist dann auch definitv, vorher hing ja alles in der Luft. Aber ich freu mich riesig, und wie ich das tue, endlich wieder hier rauszukommen, haha. Ich werd ganz viele Postkarten verschicken und auch Souvenirs mit <3

ICH FREU MICH SCHON SO AUF FR!!! Hab dich seit April nicht mehr gesehen, ist das lange her!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I so hope it's gonna be awesome I've heard Christmas time is amzing in America! Too bad I don't have any time left to stop in DC, haha. But I guess it won't be my last time in America!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I love yummy food, that is what I spend most money for actually, hahaha

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh I could eat it every day, honestly! I'm such a Ramen lover :) 

I think your Dad made yaki-udon, it is not so common even in Japan, but it definitely exists! I wanna try that too!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, as I said it before, you are always welcome in Düsseldorf, Jenny! If you can't find it I can get it for you and send it over, or we just meet up in D'dorf and I can show you some insider stores where you can get Dashi cheaper than in the japanese supermarket! XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hi Ashley, of course I still now you, we meet a few times more, haha (remember the foreigners office in Shimbashi, lol) and Charlotte always talked about you, so its hard to not forget, haha.

Yeah, I remember you said you were from NY, cool! Too bad you have your finals, I would have loved to see you again! Oh I'll definitely have to ask you some qustions, it is my very first time in NY! And I have to add you as well on Blogger ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I think so too, cause Christmas must be so big in the US, it must be even more special than it is here with all the beautiful christmassy decoration, and the huge tree at Rockefeller Center etc, so I'm specially happy to get to see NYC during this time!

Oh I'm glad you liked my food pics, that's all my amateurish camera can do. I guess with an DSLR food will look even more yummy, haha XD I still have to work two hours before lunch break, that#s still so long, haha.

I'm glad you got the present, everytime I send out stuff like that I'm always afraid it might get lost! Oh I remembered you said you like Ponies, so. I don't think I'm that thoughtful, I just listen to what people say, lol.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, das ist mein Trostpreis dafür das ich nicht mehr zurück nach Tokyo gehen konnte nach der Katastrophe, haha! Ich wollte schon immer mal zu Vor-Weihnachtszeit nach Amerika, um am Rockefeller Center Eiszulaufen, lol

ClosetVoyage hat gesagt…

Omg I miss Ramen!! Actually I never liked it that much but I really miss it now haha. Man you know so much about Japanese food!

bangbangsheshoots hat gesagt…

your mobile holder is sooo cute :D

I love your food pics! It's good that you have a Japan-town and markets so it keeps your Japanese addiction going XD hehe

Michelle-esque hat gesagt…

OH MY GOSH. FORGIVE ME, THANH. Freaking blogger. All this time I thought you didn't update your blog. Turns out the RSS didn't even feed through my dash so I never see your posts! :(

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ramen is so good! My roommate and me used to have a fav Ramen bar near our house in Tokyo, they really had the best Ramen ever! Well, I know a lot about jap. food cause I really like to make bento, so I studied a lot of cooking sites ;)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hahaha, thank you, I like it so much myself. I'm really thankful for our japanese community here in Düsseldorf, I can get almost everything ;) But not for Yen prices, haha.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh, don't worry, I've been scarce on your blog as well! XD Well, you were not the only one who had problems with the RSS feed, so that really is no problem!

sweetsnowdemon hat gesagt…

Ya no problem! You can ask me any questions you may have! You can post on my blog or get my email from Charlotte~ I am not sure my exact schedule for finals yet (I will only know in November I just know that it is during those two weeks in December) but if I finish earlier I will let you know so we can meet up if you like.

KawaiiRibbon hat gesagt…

Danke noch für's adden! ^^
Nach deinem Post hier hab ich total hunger! Ich vermisse das japanische Essen sehr! T^T Der Gummifrosch und das Gummikrokodil sind ja genial! Aber ich glaub ich würde es nicht über's Herz bringen sie zu essen! xD

Audrey (hkittygirl) hat gesagt…

Those ice cream jelly beans are so yummy! In Bio, we were supposed to make molecules out of jelly beans and my friend brought those. We ate all of them and ran out of jelly beans. Haha, such a good time. Everyone ate so many jelly beans that we all felt ill afterwards. :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Kein Problem, ich freu mich schon auf weitere Posts von dir!

Ich vermisse das japanische Essen auch so sehr, aber ich hab zumindest die Möglichkeit hier alles nachzukochen, haha.

Ja, die Gummi-Tierchen leben noch, aber spätestens zum WE werden sie gegessen, lol.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Wow, what an interesting bio lesson!! XDD That would have happend to me as well, I am so addicted to those Jellies! :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Okay, thanks for your great offer ;) It would be great to see you again, but if you happen to have school finals that's fine too. I'll ask Charlotte then for your email ;)

Naka hat gesagt…

cute phone holder! and the food look great i wiwhs i could eat that every day im so hungry i love noodles!

Lou hat gesagt…

Da könnte ich doch glatt wieder neidisch werden XD aawh!

Kann leider doch nicht kommen im Oktober *snif* Q_____Q Aber hoffentlich klappt es nächstes Jahr! <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I love good food, that's why I could never ever do a diet, lol. I love noodles as well, so yummy!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ach nein, das brauchst du doch nicht! Ich lass euch alle an der Reise teilhaben, werde viele Fotos für euch machen und ausführlich berichten! XDD Karten schicke ich auch rum, also mit deiner neuen Adresse! <333

Wie schade dass es nicht klappt im Oktober! Ich hatte mich schon total gefreut dich wiederzusehen. Oder ich komm mal schnell nach Basel, mit dem Zug bin ich eigentlich schnell da ;)

Dana Yoshimizu hat gesagt…

A bowel of Udon sounds so good right now XD 
haha, OMGosh, I haven't had kamaboko in so long! I need to find myself a Japanese grocery store to do some shopping. lol

<3, Dana

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Oh I really like japanese noodles, and my friend happens to live in Kagawa-ken, a prefectue in southern Japan which is famous for udon ;)

Oh I guess it won't be difficult to find a japanese supermarket in California, I've heard the JP community is rather big in San Francisco

☆ ♪KAWAiiRiBBON♪ ☆ hat gesagt…

Ich werd mir Mühe geben alles auf dem neuesten Stand zu halten. ^^
Stimmt du hast ja alle Läden um dich rum. Da fällt mir ein, schade das wir uns in Düsseldorf nicht treffen konnten wo ich im Mai dort war.
Ich will auch so ein Gummi-Tierchen... aber nur zum anschauen! xD

Mikirin hat gesagt…

You're funny when writting your blog! :P
I miss Japanese food ;_; And my Japanese cellphone!! I also want to make them work here in Spain, but it seems imposible or just expensive!
I have read that you work in Japan on holidays! How is it? I would like to do the same!
This is a comment from another Asian Spanish mixed something :P
I follow you from now!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hi there!! Thanks for your comment and for following!! I'm always glad to get new followers, and to know that people actually read my random posts is cool ;)

I miss Japan everyday, I lived in Tokyo and worked there for a while, and I can only recommend it! Just do it! Of course job searchhing was difficult, but it is so worth it, you can get to know wonderful people in Tokyo, and have so much fun! it was the time of my life, lol. I'm planning to go back in 2013 or 2014 and stay for another year. How about you? :)

Kommentar veröffentlichen