Montag, 16. Mai 2011

Where's May gone to??

Hello friends, it's been a while! I've been a bad blogger lately, sorry for that! Somehow, even though I'm doing almost nothing atm, there seems to be no time nevertheless, how weird! Do you have that sometimes too, or is it just me? XD Well, half of May is already over without me having done something properly, lol.

So what have I been doing the last couple of days? As most of you know I'm a fan of writing letters and doing crafty things :-) I wrote lots of letters and started a new crochet project, with a special crochet technique (therefore the long needle)!

Cute colourful letters <3

 My new crochet project (please don't mind my ugly hand XD It tends to roll itself, so I tried to hold it!) What will it become once it's finished? I keep you updated about the progress I make!

Lately I discovered a great cooking site called Nekobento! It is in German but if you want to have a look! There are many recipes for japanese dishes and sweets, and I wanna make Nama-Choco the next days, using the big Lindt bunny! Finally it gets eaten up XD Oh and what you see on the foto is called a "Taiyaki-Pan" I wanna have such a pan! I'll send my sis in Tokyo to buy that for me!

Oh, and another item on my wishlist atm is an electronical dictionary for German/Japanese! I can't decide between these two models, the black one is from 2010, and the white one from Feb. 2011. I'll have my sis check the prizes, but I think I have to pay around 350 Euro for either of them. The new one must be a bit more expensive I guess.

 Have you alreay heard that Uniqlo is sellng Care Bear T-Shirts at the moment?? I wanna have one of them so badly, I've been a fan of the Care Bears since early childhood :-) And Im thinking about getting an overall from Olive des Olives, one of my fav jap. brands. I've always wanted to have one! 

Lol, and if anyone is asking now how I'm gonna pay for all these items, I'd say luckily I still have a month and a halfs worth of my last salary from my work at Tully's in Tokyo. I left Japan before I could  dissolve my bank account over there, and so I'm gonna send my sis to get me the stuff I want, haha. 

Tomorrow I'll have a reunion meetup with my former roommate Charlotte! I haven't seen her since the day after the big earthquake in Japan. That will be a lot of fun and there's something to post about! XD 

See you! XOXO Thanh Thao

33 Kommentare:

Rick hat gesagt…

Ugly hand?  My first thought was that you have nice hands!  Please don't disagree with me--I'm very insecure. =)  What is a Taiyaki-pan used for??? It looks like it would make intersting fish-shaped molds.  I'm glad you're keeping in touch with Charlotte, good friends are hard to find.

Speaking of keeping in touch, I fixed my blogroll to reflect your new address.

みか☆ちゃん hat gesagt…

 Aw so nice to see an update from you!! ^o^

Such cute envelopes! I love writing letters too. I have such cute stationary but I haven't sent any letters to anyone except to one of my close friends! I don't think people like writing letters anymore... but with such cute stationary, I love it!

Oh! How funny you picked out those two electronic dictionaries. I picked out the same ones! Except in pink and purple! ^^ I wanted to buy it before I would leave to go to Japan, but I'm SO broke right now... so I think I'll just do with my Kanji Sonomama game and my tiny electronic dictionary haha! If you buy either of them, I would love to see your take on them!

* o * Such cute clothes! My younger sister loves pajamas. She often spends her tip money on new pajamas! That Care Bear top reminded me of that! 

You never told us your BIG secret! Now I am left to wait until you reveal it! xDD

sushicatjen hat gesagt…

 You make me want to bust my knitting out!! :D

Hope your outing with ex-roomie was fun~

MightSeemStrange hat gesagt…

haha, ich bin trottelig genug ich hatte die blog-adressänderung nicht mitbekommen bis ich suchte ... meh, muß aufmerksammer sein im leben -.-

diese fischformpfanne is ja so verdammt awesome! *_*

und der overall, sehr niedlich

NeNe hat gesagt…

huhu <3
 omg vielen lieben dank für deinen lieben kommentare :D
sorry, das ich nicht zu kam, zu antworten ;__;
wie gehts dir??? <3
ohhh so ein denshi jisho hol ich mir auch im september...>< 
ich hoffe in akihabara gibts welche von 2010 für nen humanen preis xD
ja, es is wirklich so schade das du nicht mehr da bist in tokyo ;_______;
ich hatte mich auch schon so sehr gefreut!!!! >////<
aber ich bin an dem WE um den 10,06. in düsseldorf!!!  können wir uns da trerffen vielleicht?? *o*/
ich war noch nie in DD und will die japanmeile und alles tolles sehen <3 :D
wäre total toll wenn du da zeit hättest <3
oh, und nochmal zum kame-fächer (hehe x3), welcher ist das denn? *o*/ <3
lg <3
*kiss*

Naka hat gesagt…

i love the colour of the yarn ^^ wow the crochet hook/needle is so big!!!!i've never seen one bigger than my hand D: and i love the care bear shirt ^^ cute photos aswell :3 i can't wait to show u how my scrap book is coming along ^^ 

Naka hat gesagt…

thanks for the comment ^^ I don't know what picture to send Xd I think I might send a lolita one, but I'm sure :p

thanhthao hat gesagt…

 Sorry I'm late in replying! :-))

Taiyaki are fish-shaped cakes with different fillings, they are very popular in Japan! I love them so much, and you can't get them here, so I wanna have that to make them at home :-) The dough is very simple, and you can fill the fish with whatever you like. I had chocolate, caramel crea, and even potatoe and salad egg fillling in Japan XDD

Charlotte has come home to Düsseldorf a few days ago, and we have loads of fun meeting up! Just like we had back in Tokyo :-))

Thanks for fixing your blogroll my dear friend! Let's keep in touch!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey Mika!! Thanks for your comment! It is alos nice to see an update from you everytime I see on my dashboard! :-)

You love writing letters, too?? That's so great to hear! I write letters on a regular basis, so I always need cute stationary. Usually I buy it in Japan XD It's really sad that people nowadays don't write letters anymore, so I try to keep up that old and cool tradition!

Yeah, I'm definitely buying an electronic dictionary this time, and there's a pink and purple one, too?? Wow, I didn't know that. Have to send my sis to Yodobashi Camera to get me the pink one. Normally, I'd be broke as well, but I have left my salary back in Tokyo so there's more than enough to get me that new toy, lol. I used to use kanji sonomama as well back in my student's days XDDD

Ahahaha, my big secret... that matter is almost over now. There was a chance for me to get abroad to work for a friend, but las week he told me it won't be possible. It would have been a great experience, though.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

That't the chance to finish all of your unfinished knitting projects, Jenny!! :-)) I can't wait to start my new knitting project XDD

It was fun indeed! Too bad I didn't make any fotos that day.

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ich glaub das haben viele nicht bemerkt, also hab ich letztens allen Lesern ne Mail geschrieben :-) Boah hat das lange gedauert, ale haben zwar die gleiche bekommen aber naja XDD

Ja, ne? Also wenn ich dann eine hab kann ich euch mit Taiyaki überhäufen :) Ich hab grad solche Lust darauf! Lol.

Ich hoffe meine Schwester findet den Overall, oder so einen ähnlichen. Ich hab hier schon überall gesucht, aber nie einen gefunden...

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey, schön von dir zu hören!!! :-) Kein Problem ich kommentiere gerne bei anderen Blogs, also immer wieder gerne! Ach ich weiß ja wie beschäftigt man sein kann vor allem in den ersten Semestern.

Mir gehts ganz gut! Ich gehe dieses Jahr zwar nicht mehr nach Tokyo zurück, aber das macht nix mehr, ich such mir jetzt hier nen Job und und spare dann für nächstes Jahr XD

Ja, so ein denshi jisho kann ich nur empfehlen, ich hatte die ganze Studienzeit über nur den Nintendo DS und das Kanji sonomama XDD Ich hoffe du findest ein günstiges, aber ich glaub so um die 250 bis 300 Euro muss man schon einplanen, auch für ein Modell vom Vorjahr. Das was ich haben will kostet 43,000 Yen, also ca 370 Euro. Aber es lohnt sich echt und ist eine Anschaffung fürs Leben XDD

Ehrlich du kommst nach D'dorf!!!! Das ist ja klasse!! :-)) Ich freu mich dich zu treffen, natürlich nehme ich mir dann Zeit dich zu sehen und dir mal meine Stadt zu zeigen! Wir können ja über Facebook mal die Einzelheiten absprechen.

Klar, den Fächer hab ich extra für dich aufgehoben! Das it einer aus dem Jahr 2008 aus dem Johnnys Store in Osaka!

thanhthao hat gesagt…

 Hahaha, that yarn was so cheap, and it is mostly polyester XDD Yeah, that crochet technique is called "Tunesische Häkelei" and needs a really long needle.

The shirt is really cute, my sis is sending me a care bear shirt but I don't know which design yet, it will be a surprise :)

I must say I love your scrap book, it looks so neat and fine! Mine is just randomly put together XD

thanhthao hat gesagt…

No problem you're welcome! I love commenting. Oh just send a foto you like of yourself, so that I can put it in my scrap book XD

SavingCapulet hat gesagt…

 omg I missed you soo!! yeah at least fb kept us connected somehow! it's been rough i tell you! Good luck on your wish list dear, I am working on mine, too. I just want a cute pink or white clamshell phone :( and I can't find any here in my country guh it's like iphone/blackberry war in here ;A; I hope you have loads of fun with Charlotte! <3 

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey my dear!! I missed you so much, too!! Luckily there is fb!! XD

Hahaha, thank you! I think I will mostly get all of the things I want, it depends on my sis who has to go and shop for me :-) Oh you love clamshells?? Then you'd love my japanese phone! XD It's light pink and clamshell type, and has a huuuuge display :-) I know, also here in Germany it is so hard to find clams nowadays! Everone is on iphone and smartphone and such... so sad!

Audrey (hkittygirl) hat gesagt…

I kept on looking for your blog thinking it was welcometomysekai still and for a second, I thought you quit blogging! D:

Haha, thank goodness for Naka! :3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Hey, I missed you, too!! XDD There's no way I'd stop blogging :) I was changing my URL, and did not know how to tell all of my readers, so I sent emaisl to all of them via google friend connect, hoping it would reach them and they'd update their blogroll...

So you got to know about the change from Naka?? :p

Shou-chan hat gesagt…

awwww nekobento.de ist sooo toll!! *_*
ich hab da auch ganz viele meiner rezepte her*o*
und die elektrischen wörterbücher sind super, ich hab neulich auch mal danach gesucht aber sind echt teuer.. werd ich mal drauf sparen^^

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Ja, ne! Also ich hab dann direkt mal ein Rezept ausprobiert! XD Wie gut dass ich diese Seite zufällig gefunden hab :-) Als nächstes möchte ich unbedingt die Nama Maccha Choco machen!

Also die neuen Modelle sind natürlich superteuer, das stimmt! Das weiße was hier im Post gezeigt habe ist ja cuh grad das neueste auf dem Markt, haha! Es kostet 43,000 Yen (meine sis hat's gecheckt) und das sind dann etwa 370 Euro... Aber wenn man ein älteres Modell nimmt kann man schon mal de Hälfte sparen, also würd ich dir die anschaffung auf jeden Fall empfehlen, es lohnt sich, vor allem wenn man Japanisch studiert! ^ô^

Ephemeral by Design hat gesagt…

thanks for the link. I'm glad I can find your site again. That is good you are keeping busy with those hobbies while you wait for your chance to go back to Japan.  :-)

wave♪ hat gesagt…

May has really gone by so fast hasn't it? Or rather this year has, I think. And I need to get into writing letters! Always mean to and never get around to it. Maybe we could be penpals, too! XDD

Jiawa hat gesagt…

wow I wonder if it's hard to make Taiyaki at home! I used to always buy them on the street in Japan :)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

No problem, I'm glad you are following again, Tom! Yeah, sometimes I'm so bored even with these hobbies, lol. I never got bored in Tokyo, even though I was just doing the same over there XDD

As I already gave up on going back this year, I really hope I can somehow make it work out to be able to return next year :-) It worked once so why not another time, too?? ;p

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Thanks for your lovely comment <3 May has really gone by in an instant! Don't know why, though. Maybe you're right and it was specially this year, haha.

Oh, I can only recommend to write letters it is so much more personal than email for example. It is so much fun to select the letter paper, to sit down and calmy write while thinking about how happy the person will be when he/she gets some nice lines XD Oh you know what? I'd love to be your penpal XD Then I'd get post from Tokyo :-)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

I've never tried it before as well, but I can imagine it is similar to making wafers, which is sooo easy :-) Once I've got that machine I'll write a review XD I also used to buy taiyaki in Tokyo so much :-) I miss it!

Jiawa hat gesagt…

Did you live in Japan too? :D

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Jep, I was living in Ikebukuro, Tokyo with my german friend and roomate. I was doing Working Holiday, I had a nice job and a super exciting life in Tokyo, until the earthquake and the nuclar power plant made me leave...

Jiawa hat gesagt…

oh wow!! I've been to Ikebukuro....when I missed my stop on the train haha! Omg you were there during the eathquake?! That must have been some experience...I was there on JET in 2008/2009, so I missed the earthquate thankfully - I lived in Kansai anyway.

Ephemeral by Design hat gesagt…

That's too bad you'll have to wait that long to try to go back. But I'm sure you'll eventually get back, don't worry. I hope life doesn't get too boring for you in the meantime :/)

thanhthao hat gesagt…

Yeah, I think so, too! Thanks for reassuring, Tom! I'm so sure I can go back maybe already next year. Charlotte misses Tokyo as much as me, so we are planning to get back together as well XD Well, in the meantime I'll look for a job here to earn the necessary money for the next trip :-) And I have friends here so I don't think I 'll get bored. <3

thanhthao hat gesagt…

 Wow, Jet Programme is well known! Cool you were abl to participate! Kansai is a great place, I'v been there quite often XD And yeah, me and my friends were in the middle of the earthquake so to speak. Check out this post from March where you can read everything about our experiences that day March 11... http://welcometorainydays.blogspot.com/2011/03/back-home.html

Jiawa hat gesagt…

Oh really? It was fun :) personally prefer Kanto...but that's where the earthquake happened >.<

Kommentar veröffentlichen